J. Walter Thompson Worldwide, the world’s best-known marketing communications brand, has been making pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business for more than 150 years.
Headquartered in New York, J. Walter Thompson is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 marketing professionals.
The agency consistently ranks among the top networks in the world and continues a dominant presence in the industry by staying on the leading edge—from hiring the industry's first female copywriter to developing award-winning branded content today.
For more information on J. Walter Thompson history, visit our interactive timeline .
Follow us on social media:
For general press inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
On our 150th birthday in 2014, the agency returned to the J. Walter Thompson name once again. Our new visual identity pushes our pioneering heritage headlong into the future and blends inventive elements with those that have been with us throughout our history.
The J. Walter Thompson logo consists of the J. Walter Thompson office location or entity name wordmark locked up over a watermarked version of the J. Walter Thompson signature. The owl is not the logo, nor is the signature alone.
Our branding uses a two-part naming strategy:
- The full "J. Walter Thompson" name, followed by
- An identifying entity, which in most cases is the office name
When referring to all of the J. Walter Thompson agencies as a single entity, "J. Walter Thompson Worldwide" is used.
Logo lockups are provided on white, and a knocked out version on Primary Blue.
Vertical versions of the Logo lockups are provided for space-constrained or smaller logo placements in white, and a knocked out version on Primary Blue.
For greyscale applications, please use the following tints of black for the J. Walter Thompson logo lockups.
Vertical versions of the logo lockups are provided for space-constrained or smaller logo placements in greyscale applications.
- Do not use the signature separately from the wordmark.
- Do not change or adjust the color or tint of the signature.
- Do not change the orientation of the logo or signature to any angle. Use only horizontal.
- Do not crop the logo with whitespace boundaries on left or right.
- Do not change or adjust the colors of the wordmark office locations/entitles.
- Avoid using the wordmark alone without the signature.