gru 18th, 2017
"Dear Sasan Saeidi..."
In early September, we announced the appointment of Sasan Saeidi as CEO of our Gulf operation, leading the Dubai, Kuwait and Qatar teams.
We asked the new CEO to reflect back on the early days of his career and to list a few rules he would tell his younger self to follow.
I really think you should follow these rules in life and trust me they will help you:
- Never get disheartened when you don’t get what you want. It will eventually come around. And sometimes not getting what you want is the best thing that can happen to you.
- Say no sometimes; it’s a very important word in life.
- Mom is always right. She loves you very much and wants the best for you.
- Sometimes doing the right thing is hard and embarrassing; get over it and do it.
- Everything is going to be ok. You’re going to lose people, get your heart-broken, feel alone, lose pitches, lose games, and get totally depressed. Eventually the tide will turn and life will be more amazing than you ever thought.
- Focus on relationships and always love unconditionally even if you get hurt. Care for everyone. Its shows character and the world needs more of that.
- Set your goals in life and ensure you frame them. Look at them.
- Oh, and one last thing; Breath and enjoy the ride. You may not believe me now, but you grow up to be just fine. Better than fine. You will grow up to be something you thought you could never be…A change-maker, and most important, a really nice, caring, opinionated and happy human being. You got this buddy.