at Wunderman Thompson New York
MiNY (Made In New York) is a part of Wunderman Thompson. It was launched in 2018 as an all-inclusive advertising agency that specializes in beauty, fashion, luxury and lifestyle brands. MiNY taps into the data, research, digital and talent resources of the broader WPP network.
We are looking for a nimble, integrated Strategy Director to work across our beauty and CPG portfolio to inspire creatives to drive transformational work. The Strategy Director will champion working with cross functional teams to guide strategy. The Strategy Director will leverage intelligence insights to tell impactful stories from the earliest research stage through creative development, communication planning and campaign evaluation. At the core of this role is the ability to glean and share human insights, a voracious curiosity, a collaborative nature and the ability to inspire strong, impactful communications.
A Day in the Life:
- Orchestrate brand planning, strategic planning and analytical activity in concert with the creative and account management teams to establish disruptive ideas
- Truly collaborate with groups of clients, account managers and creative in the development of inspiring creative briefs that translate insights into innovative and strategic campaign strategies
- Develop and implement powerful primary qualitative and quantitative research designs to uncover relevant social and cultural intelligence that address client business issues and gain deep insights into target audiences’ attitudes and behaviors
- Understand and define cultural, technological and social trends and their impact on consumer attitudes, behavior and perceptions
- Apply research intelligence in the formation, testing, and delivery of ad concepts and strategies to ensure they align with client and agency goals and objectives
- Maintain a working understanding of opportunities, research methodologies and intelligence analysis to constantly improve the quality of thinking applied to our client business
- Utilize the standardized planning tools to foster consistency over time and across projects
- Encourage proactivity, creativity and collaboration between the planning and creative teams to ensure the sharing of work and innovative thinking
- Identify and foster department and team members’ opportunities for growth
- Mentor, motivate and reward planners during challenges, learning opportunities and successes by sharing knowledge and plans
What You’ll Need:
- Let’s start with a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) and 8+ years in brand strategy/planning, marketing consulting or advertising
- The ability to think on your feet and an eagerness to explore all available resources to think outside the box
- Zealous passion for rolling up your sleeves to bring ideas to life with cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills; you will be face-to-face with various departments at their busiest moments
- Strong familiarity and comfort with digital environment/media analytics and aligning strategies with business needs across all channels
- An expertise in data sources, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and a keen eye of when and how to apply them to client challenges
- The ability to thrive in an environment that values innovation and collaboration with a global network
- A self-starter approach and true sense of ownership regarding work at each point of delivery
- Technically proficient in presentation planning and development
About Wunderman Thompson
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. We are in a unique position to deliver growth based on three fundamental principles -- we see the world differently and reject conventional thinking, we have an unbounded definition of creativity that can rethink business, culture and brand experiences, we act decisively and accountably, owning delivery end-to-end. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. Wunderman Thompson is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, please visitwww.wundermanthompson.comand follow us @WundermanThompson.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.