Community Manager, Social
The Mirum Commerce Activation Social team is seeking a Community Manager for the Chicago office. This role requires a candidate that can build a comprehensive and proprietary multi-retailer influencer network, including the development of long-term relationships that build more effective and efficient programs, networks that appeal to multiple commerce targets/passion points and on-going network optimization.
This position will play a pivotal role in the building of blogger and influencer relationships, outreach engagement strategies, and bring that strategy to life across social media platforms.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of social media platforms, solutions and analysis, as well as the ability to manage, develop, and grow strategic blogger relationships. Additionally, team members in this position recognize and pursue growth opportunities on existing accounts, contribute to new business pitches, and provide thought leadership across clients and the agency.
- Sourcing, building, and maintaining our proprietary influencer network.
- Identify, locate and engage with bloggers, advocates and influencers within social communities to build relationships. Previous experience in this area is a must.
- Develop networks that appeal to multiple commerce/consumer targets around key interests and shopping behaviors, as well as building networks that can be utilized by different retailers.
- Research, understand, measure, and experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage bloggers and influencers to achieve overall marketing objectives and goals.
- Development of best practice approaches, including development of KPIs and teaching Social Media/Marketing Services teams on how to strategically deploy and maximize influencer outreach and best practice principles for campaign development.
- Establish KPIs and best practices for program evaluation, while working with 3rd party companies to develop evaluation models for our products/programs.
- Form actionable insights and work with 3rd party/available resources for projects/concept development and form actionable recommendations.
- Work with the analytics/reporting team to analyze the impact of the influencer outreach campaign and create reports
- Manage offline blogger events/activations (e.g. oversee on-site and online support for client events)
- Understand client business and relevant industries in order to provide appropriate and timely counsel to educate clients about strategic benefits of social media opportunities and present influencer relations capabilities to current and potential clients.
- Coordinate with Account Managers to promote influencer outreach campaigns across other social media platforms and manage social media project execution to ensure that deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Develop plans for pursuing new business as needed.
- Proficient in social media and online tools and professionally engaged in social networks, digital media, online forums and blogging
- 2-4 years of combined social media and blogger/influencer relations experience
- Deep understanding of social program execution and blogger landscape
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects (time manage, meet deadlines, and multi-task) in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable client relations, budgeting, project and team management experience
- Ability to think creatively in order to best serve our clients with fresh ideas
- Strong verbal, written and technical communication skills
- Experienced with analytics and research platforms including Omniture and Google Analytics
- Experience with talent management, operations, acquisition and retention
- Community management experience within a new media platform is a plus
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.