Digital Resource Manager
at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
We are actively seeking a collaborative and experienced Digital Resource Manager to be responsible for the assignment ofeffective and appropriate resources for all digital projects to ensure timely delivery within budget. The ideal candidate is obsessed with planning and organizing and has an up-to-date knowledge of current digital production techniques and a strong appreciation for the process of designing and developing digital advertising.
This position is based in the Toronto office.
- Facilitate day-to-day resourcing activities for the digital department of the agency.
- Work with Digital team leadership to match skill set to staffing requirements.
- Work with Project Managers throughout the project life cycle to ensure that project resourcing needs and deadlines are met through efficient allocation of existing resources and identify where freelance/outside resources are required.
- Work to ensure timely delivery of projects within budget through assignment of effective and appropriate resources.
- Effectively resource each project including organizing the traffic workload and removing obstacles.
- Ensure effective/efficient time management of digital staff by scheduling and prioritizing assignments, projects, and meetings - constantly monitor allocation of resources and reassign available resources when and where necessary.
- Team up with Project Managers to develop realistic yet aggressive project schedules.
- Develop strong relationships with freelancers; proactively source and build a database of freelance talent and vendors to meet current/anticipated resourcing needs.
- Develop and improve monitor systems/processes to optimize overall resource utilization.
- Assist with improving agency efficiency and internal processes as they relate to the digital department.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 2 to3 years’ experience in a Resource Manager position in a digital environment required.
- Excellent understanding of the digital production process and the talent/roles/resources needed to deliver digital projects required.
- Ability to adapt to, and resource against, rapidly changing requirements.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Exceptionally strong problem-solving skills; ability to apply a solution-oriented approach to resolving resourcing conflicts.
- Exceptionally strong organizational and planning skills.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, confident, and a real people person.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and processes.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills, as well as ability to take initiative.
- Budgeting/financial analysis experience an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Project or other Schedule Planning tools an asset.
- Good working knowledge of web technologies and how they work an asset.
All resumes will be reviewed. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.