Account Supervisor - Automotive
at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to see the big picture as well as the small details. Passionate about marketing, there is an opportunity to make an impact on larger initiatives and guide the development of direct reports. This is a pivotal time to join an account team that is ushering in a new era and positioning for their client on a national scale.
- Oversee the execution of small to medium sized projects including coordination of meetings, creative revisions and approvals, providing assets to creative team in a timely manner, estimate approvals, and workback schedules. Similarly lead the execution of medium to larger sized projects, with limited supervision.
- Initiate projects with clients and collaborate with strategists, project managers and Account Director on approach, as necessary.
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders including Montreal agency, US agency, media agency, and CRM team to achieve synergies and consistency within multi-faceted projects.
- Develop thorough and well-written project briefs to equip teams to deliver what is required.
- Evaluate work against the strategy, tone/voice, & client needs & provide constructive feedback to the teams.
- Be an internal resource for production information, competitive climate and brand guidelines.
- Lead client meetings at appropriate level and liaise with clients on feedback and input as necessary.
- Oversee the documentation of all client and agency meetings in a clear and timely manner.
- Supervise, train, motivate and review the performance of direct reports to ensure the highest level of performance.
- Oversee and execute miscellaneous requests in the daily running of the account.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 4+ years of agency experience required; high volume account experience preferred.
- 1+ years of supervisory experience preferred, including mentoring junior colleagues.
- Integrated production experience required, with an emphasis on digital and broadcast/video.
- Ability to be both process-driven AND adaptable as needed.
- Rigorous attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills.
- Critical thinker and resourceful problem-solver.
- A master at crafting a well-articulated and supported point of view.
- Experience in or passion for the automotive industry a definite asset.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world's best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.