at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
The ideal candidate has experience in highly-regulated industries, leading a team and working on integrated campaigns. You have exceptional interpersonal skills, build strong relationships and manage competing priorities with calm and confidence.
- Oversee the effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the account including the communication flow throughout the agency, clients and partners.
- Direct and guide your team to ensure campaigns are consistently best-in-class, run smoothly and enter the market on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with strategists, creative and production teams to craft engaging and impactful work.
- Become a trusted advisor for our client. Know their business and competitive landscape and champion the work and business-building ideas. You are the client’s main day-to-day agency contact.
- Champion the client within the agency. Share your knowledge and passion for the business internally. Advocate for insightful strategies that propel the client forward.
- Provide marketing and communications leadership to internal and client stakeholders and partners.
- Manage financial health tracking of the client along with overseeing key financial reporting documents (BCR, internal project status, estimate development, etc.) with Account Executive. Report key financial data to the agency’s senior leadership and finance departments.
- Lead the interagency team as the AOR, ensuring the deliverable of other agencies align to the set strategic direction.
- Supervise, train, motivate and review the performance of direct reports to ensure the highest level of performance.
- Coordinate and execute miscellaneous projects as required in the daily running of the account.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- Five to seven years of advertising experience required; alcohol/beverage industry experience an asset.
- Integrated production experience required, with a focus on digital (including social) and print.
- Proven experience leading a team.
- Strong strategic acumen and keen instincts for smart creative ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively.
- A master at crafting a well-articulated and supported point of view.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J.Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world's best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.