Account Manager - Beauty
à Wunderman Thompson New York
MiNY (Made In New York) is a part of Wunderman Thompson. It was launched in 2018 as an all-inclusive advertising agency that specializes in beauty, fashion, luxury and lifestyle brands. MiNY taps into the data, research, digital and talent resources of the broader network.
We are looking for a dynamic Account Manager to work across a portfolio of beauty brands. The Account Manager is a beauty/style junkie at heart who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This is a fantastic opportunity for an Account Manager to lead multiple projects from brief to execution. The Account Manager will be a part of future forward strategic development as the client is eager to push the boundaries and work toward creating award winning, culturally relevant communications.
A Day in the Life:
- Truly collaborate with project managers and producers to manage agency projects from the earliest concept stage to finish and ensure all agency deliverables are flawlessly executed
- Partner with planning team to collect, analyze and interpret existing business and consumer data from a variety of sources and translate them into marketplace opportunities
- Cultivate a nuanced understanding of the client’s business, industry trends and how their competitors behave
- Apply your understanding of the strategic role of each communication channel to think holistically about communication solutions
- Work closely with account team, talent and business management to understand, anticipate, and manage budgetary issues
- Nurture the relationship between the client and the agency by listening to the clients’ concerns and developing trust and respect
What You’ll Need:
- Let’s start with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 3+ years of experience in an agency or related environment
- Along with the opportunity to assist in full up productions, post-production experience is a must as you will work with the team to also reinvigorate existing assets.
- Passion and genuine enthusiasm for original content with a finger on current media trends
- Innate curiosity about the world at large and shifts in the cultural landscape
- An action-oriented entrepreneurial spirit and a laser focus on the outcome, not just on the process
- An eagerness to think differently about problems and rolling up your sleeves to help figure them out
- A thirst for pioneering new ways of forging and developing client business relationships
- Ability to recognize a great idea and empower the creative teams to push the boundaries on the work we make, while providing the business context needed for the work to be successful
- Courage to dig deep into the business and question everything to understand where the pain points are and link our work directly back to the business as much as possible
- A resiliently positive attitude. This is critical to foster a highly collaborative environment
- Inclination to think outside of the box to imagine new ideas, encourage progressive dialogue
- The ability to confidently present your own and other’s work persuasively
About Wunderman Thompson
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. We are in a unique position to deliver growth based on three fundamental principles -- we see the world differently and reject conventional thinking, we have an unbounded definition of creativity that can rethink business, culture and brand experiences, we act decisively and accountably, owning delivery end-to-end. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. Wunderman Thompson is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, please visit www.wundermanthompson.com and follow us @WundermanThompson.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.