Digital Designer Intern
à Mirum Minneapolis
What it is:
Calling all digital forces to be reckoned with: You could be NEXT at Mirum!
At Mirum, we’re passionate about using the power of digital to help make what’s next for our clients. If you’re about to graduate, the Mirum NEXT summer internship is your chance to join us here in Minneapolis and help us bring new ideas to life for our clients. We want your strategic thinking, creativity, opinions, and your win-as-a-team work ethic. We’ll work and play hard while teaching you everything we know along the way.
Digital Designer Intern: If you’re passionate about digital and will be graduating this spring, we encourage you to apply.
What you will do:
- Support design and prototype creation for responsive web and native mobile experiences using Sketch and Invision.
- Collaborate with creative leads, project managers and developers to deliver digital content.
- Contribute to brainstorming and concepting sessions.
What you will need:
- Currently pursuing a BA/BS degree in graphic design, human-computer interaction, or related field.
- Strong communication skills: talk through designs, task flow concepts, ability/confidence to etc.
- Ability to work across teams: UX to UI and then communicating designs to the development team.
- Ability to sketch out concepts that communicate overall screen composition.
- Understand typography, color, grid, and composition.
- Our ideal candidate is:
- Has solid skills in analytical thinking, is a creative and visual thinker with excellent communication skills, both verbal and visual.
- Understands the fundamental principles of user-centered design.
- Comfortable with Sketch, Principle, Keynote, and Adobe Creative Cloud programs.
Mirum NEXT FAQs:
Will you be paid?
Yes, you will receive an hourly wage. You’re doing real work. That deserves real pay.
What are the hours like?
In general, we’ll need you here from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some days may be slower and you might go home early. But, we ask for your flexibility and reliable transportation as some projects or events may require more of your time.
When is the application deadline?
Hint: The earlier, the better. But, no later than March 9th.
Do we hire interns after summer is over?
If the circumstances are right, we’d love to turn interns into full-timers. We have hired interns in the past, but we also can’t guarantee it.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.