à J. Walter Thompson London
We are brand makers who have been pioneering and innovating for our clients since 1864. As a fully integrated and global creative agency, our firm belief is that that diversity of our talent delivers diversity of thought.
Our values of Courage, Curiosity, Creativity and Collaboration underpin everything that we do. With a long heritage and a talented, friendly team of employees, we continue to wave the flag of creativity. As a testament to this, J. Walter Thompson London was recently ranked as the 4th most creative agency in the 2017 Gunn report as well as the 3rd most awarded agency at the 2017 Cannes Lions. We feel very lucky to be able to partner an incredible group of clients and household brands including HSBC, KITKAT, Ribena, Rolex, Kelloggs, Avon, Treasury Wine Estates and Intercontinental Hotel Group.
Based in our vibrant Knightsbridge office with a large private rooftop garden and a short walk to Hyde Park - it's a fantastic setting!
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work as a WIP controller and to join an exciting and dynamic team. The ideal candidate will work as an integral member of the team looking after a range of clients, interacting with finance and non-finance colleagues across the agency. They will be responsible for the day to day running of the ledger, meeting with Account Teams, TV Producers, Project managers and other departments are also a key part of the role.
Day to Day
- Day to Day management of key agency clients - to include billing, job reconciliations and regular meetings with account teams, TV producers and Project Management
- Working with both our traditional agency output (e.g. Print / TV) and also digital / direct outputs and the different types of billing and revenue recognition associated with each type of work
- Monitor the opening of all jobs within agency to ensure correct set up
- Checking of costs to identify any abnormalities and ensure all costs are in accordance with SOX, internal policy and client contracts
- Liaising with external cost controllers and client marketing staff for finance updates and job reconciliations
- Working with Financial Analysts to bill fees and transfer revenue
- Monitoring of agency investment jobs to ensure there is no risk to the Agency.
- Develop a good knowledge of SOX and how this impacts the running of the business and be able to ensure agency compliance
- Be key contact person for non-finance staff and help them with any system / process queries
- Helping account teams provide accurate financial information to their clients in a timely manner
- Monthly reporting on aged WIP
- Ad hoc reporting
- Ability to chair meetings (including with senior level people)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law