Media Billing Specialist
à J. Walter Thompson Atlanta
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world's best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first to rocket a candy bar into space, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, the first to create an amphibious prosthetic limb, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.
Media / Account Payable Functions
- Prepare and process checks for payment
- Receive, verify, match and process invoices to be paid
- Review check requests and invoices for proper general ledger account coding and pay in accordance with payment terms
- Set up new vendors, contractors and other service providers for payment
- Manage vendor relations
- Maintain vendor files and other financial records
- Quarterly review of media vendor statements
- Maintain a list of recurring/standard monthly payments
- Resolve any invoices discrepancies between internal departments and external vendors
- Process weekly check runs/ payment via check, wire, or credit card
- Review recommended payables with accounting manager
- Ensure payments made in a timely fashion within payment terms
- Credit card reconciliation/ expense reporting management
- Collection of receipts and confirmation of proper approvals
- Ensure proper general ledger account coding
- Assist in close end process
- Reconcile all overpayment and underpayment accounts
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with team members in Accounting Department as well as other departments.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Contribute to daily accounting operations tied to business contracts, processing clients transactions and billings
- Prepare and submit all new customer request forms including amendments to existing customers
- Send all Professional Services and Media billing to clients or account team
- Prepare all customize invoices
- Upload invoices to multiple client sites
- Ability to identify accounting issues and clearly communicate them in a timely manner to the finance team
- Identify and recommend opportunities for procedural improvement and increased efficiency.
- Assist with special media projects and customized reports as needed.
- Review unbilled report monthly and provide some feedback of status of each IO not billed.
- Investigate and resolve client inquiries and invoice issues, including partnering with the account management team to provide customer request.
- Assists with Project Closing and project reconciliation
- Assists with related special projects, as required