at J. Walter Thompson New York
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, creativity and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
The Innovation Group at J. Walter Thompson Intelligence is seeking a Trends Researcher to join its core global team in New York. The role includes researching, reporting on and identifying emerging impactful trends across multiple sectors, exploring important cultural shifts, and also continuously looking at consumer change from generational outlooks, to different segments. This is a great role for an enthusiastic self-starting candidate.
A Day in the Life:
- This analyst will be able to spot emerging trends and synthesize them in to both smaller insights, as well as writing longer form deep dive reports.
- Works regularly with JWTIntelligence.com, uploading and managing content on our CMS platform.
- Have oversight over our social media output.
- Be a culture vulture, a tenacious reporter, a news junkie, and a curious mind with an enthusiastic appetite for exploring change and the future. Their outputs will serve not only JWTIntelligence.com’s audience, which spans the industry and beyond, but JWT’s many Fortune 500 clients.
- They will be a strong writer and reporter with a good literacy of platforms from Wordpress, to social media, slack and others. As they develop in their role, they will be opportunities visit conferences and exhibitions, as well as represent the group at events.
What You’ll Need:
- Let’s start with a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 5+ years of journalism experience in an agency or related environment. Surprise us with the equivalent!
- 3-5 years of experience with writing, reporting, CMS, research, strategic thinking, specialisms in lifestyle verticals such as beauty and/or tech, travel etc. are welcome, and social media analytics.
- Experience with InDesign.
- Experience on a publication, at a trend forecasting or research company desirable.
- A resiliently positive attitude. This is critical to foster a highly collaborative environment.
- ****3 writing samples. Please attach to application.
JWT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.