Financial Analyst (Temp to Perm)
at J. Walter Thompson New York
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
As a Financial Analyst in the JWT New York Finance Department, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support of all financial reporting issues.
A Day in the Life:
· Review actual monthly and quarterly reporting and annual forecasting and budgeting
· Prepare various monthly analyses and balance sheet analyses
· SOX reporting and compliance
· Inter-company review at worldwide level
· Work on special ad-hoc projects and provide upper management with support
What You’ll Need:
· Experience. Let’s start with a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance with 1-3 years in the field gaining strong accounting skills. Surprise us with the equivalent!
· Exceptional understanding in Microsoft Office Suite skills
o Heavy Excel environment
· Strong logical, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Knowledge of SAP BFC Finance reporting system is a plus
· A team-player and self-motivator with natural problem solving skills
· Ability to multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines/timelines, even under pressure
· Has a desire and interest to grow within the team
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law