at J. Walter Thompson New York
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C’s: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
An experienced Node.js + JQuery web engineer with demonstrated ability to turn mockups into standards-compliant HTML that will render consistently across multiple browsers and platforms. You should be able to learn fast and willing to try new technologies. You should be able to create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines. Your passion for modern experiences and involvement in current trends on the web will be appreciated and encouraged. Responsibilities include working with creative and technical teams to translate idea into implementation, bringing life and character to websites and web-based applications. Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and a desire to grow are critical to this role.
- 3+ years’ experience working in web development and design.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent proven experience.
- Detailed understanding of front-end prototyping technologies (i.e., Bower, Gulp, Modernizr, Bootstrap)
- Detailed understanding of front end performance best practices including cross-browser/cross-platform and accessibility.
- Excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Can think creatively and unconventionally in approaching problems, with past examples.
- Familiar with Photoshop, Flash, and Illustrator
- Familiar working with collaboration tools (ie., GIT, Bitbucket, Jira)
- Familiar with image and video compression techniques.
- Familiar with creating timeline and scripted animation
- Experience or interest in cross platform development with Unity3D, Cordova, or Flash + AIR.
- Knowledge of ActionScript
- Interest in Canvas/WebGL animation
- Familiar with continuous integration tools
- Agency experience is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.