Corporate Development - MBA Summer Internship
at J. Walter Thompson New York
JWT is seeking a 2018 Summer MBA Intern to join its Corporate Development group. This team works closely with the executive committee to identify emerging areas of interest for JWT and potential acquisition candidates in these spaces. In this role, the MBA Intern will work with the VP of Corporate Development to research and identify growth and engagement opportunities.The MBA Intern will be expected to:
- Think strategically about the competitive landscape and apply strategic framework to analyze and present data
- Independently recommend opportunities to explore from a data-driven perspective
- Work with various teams across the organization as well as with outside clients
- Identify best practices in professional services business and bring new insights and ideas to the team to improve operations
- Work closely with the VP of Corporate Development to recommend appropriate action plans and alternatives
- Build various financial and data models to provide actionable insights
- The ideal candidate will have previous work experience in consulting or investment banking and is currently a full or part-time MBA student.
- The candidate must have demonstrated leadership, excellence and the ability to thrive in a demanding and relatively unstructured environment.
The deadline for applications is April 30, 2018.
NOTE: if you’re interested in applying for our Creative program, please visit us at http://jumpstart.jwt.com/
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, creativity and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law