Manager, Marketing Activation
at Mirum Shopper Chicago
Manager, Marketing Activation
We’re looking for a passionate, talented Manager, Marketing Activation for Mirum Shopper. You will create strategies, tactical plans, lead and coordinate with cross-functional teams and manage day-to-day agency efforts on behalf of various clients. You will also work directly with specific clients to build and enhance relationships and ensure total quality of all client materials and final product. Your role will also support your supervisor and senior management’s needs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years marketing experience
- Prior experience in Consumer Packaged Goods, marketing, or an agency environment
- Experience leading cross-functional team
- Ability to establish clear performance expectations
- Provide clear and balanced performance feedback
- Promote excellence throughout the organization
- Build internal/external relationships
- Relate to others in an open and accepting manner
- Show consistency with principles and behaviors
- Strive for win-win solutions
- Accept challenges for what they are and offer positivivity for the sake of the work and the team.
- Identify issues and develop solutions independently.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Create digital experiences that shoppers want and brand/retailers need
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and enhancing client relationships and expectations
- Work closely with clients to translate brand ideas to actionable marketing strategies and tactical execution plans, aiding client in the development of objectives, strategies, background, competitive activity. Appropriately apply as it relates to business
- Drive integrated marketing plan development across cross-functional teams and set key performance indicators to evaluate each program and deliver results
- Present and sell in (pitch) ideas to clients across various disciplines, including customer’s merchandising, customer marketing, and brand teams.
- Write project, creative and video production briefs that are detailed and fully developed based on the client’s needs.
- Lead cross-functional teams by providing clear direction throughout a campaign, ensuring all conceptual and creative ideas meet objectives and key brand strategies
- Develop strategic thinking with input from your supervisor
- Manage client input and feedback to meet agency process/standards
- Drive internal project management of each project/campaign across all phases to include briefing, creative, interactive development, launch, social outreach programs, analytics/optimization and wrap.
- Present (verbal and written) to partners/clients throughout each phase of the program, troubleshooting issues that may arise and proactively providing solutions
- Responsible for developing/delegating, managing and meeting set program budgets and timelines
- Evaluate programs, analyzing results while providing solutions to optimize programs during post-launch phase.
- Maintain an extensive base of industry, brand and competitive knowledge
- Act as source of marketing and promotional expertise for the team
- Provide and obtain input from appropriate parties to ensure programs meet our quality standards and client-set measures (i.e. brand equity, objectives, constraints, execution requirements, vendor selection)
- Provide proactive thought leadership to client on a regular basis
Principles & Behavior
Mirum Shopper focused on 4 key principles and behaviors for their employees. We are made up of people who are experts within their domain, can innovate and bring new solutions, owns their role and collaborates seamlessly. Each employee is reviewed based upon these 4 key principles informally and formally throughout the year.
What is Mirum Shopper?
We create experiences that shoppers want, and brands and retailers need. We represent the next generation of shopper marketing solutions for engaging the digitally savvy consumer. Mirum Shopper is part of the Mirum Agency’s new commerce activation platform, designed to change the way brands engage with consumers and shoppers. The platform combines tech, analytics, data, campaign planning, and creative services with social shopper, shopper engagement services, and the creation of original content – from branded videos to events, mobile and in-store platforms – to influence shoppers in new ways. And we’re looking for passionate people who want to help us make what’s next.
What we value in our People:
Our agency recruits, develops and welcomes employees with diverse experiences and backgrounds. We believe having employees with a vast amount of agency, shopper, retailer and client experiences allows us to think differently and makes us unique. For example, our employees have experience with:
- Leading the Shopper Marketing discipline for a fortune 25 company
- Brand Managers who launched big innovation in the U.S. such as Axe Body Spray, Magnum Ice Cream and Avion Tequila
- Working for the world’s largest retailer for over a decade
- Entrepreneurs that have owned their own businesses
- Educators who teach at the college level
The list goes on. In addition to diverse experiences we also have a very special culture built on collaboration and mutual respect. We discover potential in everyone. To do what we do it takes a team, not one ego, or one hero. At Mirum Shopper our philosophy is We Welcome All Who Welcome All.
These diverse experiences and backgrounds allow us to think different and inspires us to Make What’s Next for our clients.
It is expected that you will perform additional duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed by the Company for the efficient operation of the Company. In addition, in order to adjust to changes in our business, it may become necessary to modify your job description, add to or remove certain duties and responsibilities, or reassign you to an alternate job position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law