Associate Design Director
at Mirum San Diego
Mirum is seeking an experienced Associate Design Director who will inspire creativity and innovative thinking, while leading the conception, design and execution of our assignments.
We need someone who is absorbed in the latest interactive trends and digital experiences across a variety of mediums. The Associate Design Director must have a deep understanding of how interactive experiences are modeled and how the interactive experience should function across all platforms.
What you do:
- Establish creative strategy, budgets & schedules for key accounts / assignments.
- Pitch key accounts and deliver creative strategy.
- Manage and mentor the creative team while challenging and introducing new and innovative methods of creative execution.
- Communicate and create overall interactive team design vision by defining the direction and goals for the group.
- Lead projects, critique work and approve final design executions.
- Ensure quality, usefulness, and successful delivery of creative assignments.
- Set and maintain creative standards for the department and enforce accountability when standards are not met.
- Assign creative leads and teams to accounts and projects.
- Sell department capabilities.
- Help maintain an active list of creative contractor resources, i.e.: copywriters, visual designers, photographers, developers, 3D artists, etc.
- Work with executive team to improve processes and tools to increase product quality & efficiency.
What you need:
- Amazing presenter, conceptual thinker
- Great people skills – have to inspire and lead client and internal teams
- Problem solver on every level
- Superior visual design sensibilities and principle knowledge
- Great understanding of User Experience / Interaction design
- Big/great agency experience
- Excellent experience managing budgets, teams, timelines, deliverables
- 5-7 years’ experience in digital creative
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.