Senior PHP Engineer
at Mirum Salt Lake City
Mirum is a global digital agency that creates experiences that people want and businesses need. Named a Visionary in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant, Mirum helps guide brands in business transformation, experience development, and commerce & activation.
The Sr PHP Engineer will be responsible for taking the lead with the development of one or many custom PHP development projects. This person will be looked to for not only the architecture of complex solutions, but to develop them successfully. The Sr PHP engineer is expected to have a problem solving attitude. They are listeners and strategic thinkers and unafraid of understanding complexities. They are relentless in building meaningful experiences that customers care about.
- Analyzes a project’s business requirements in order to help develop functional requirements.
- Meets project requirements on budget and time while producing maintainable code.
- Provides reasonable price and timeline estimates for tasks/projects.
- Focuses on improving the style, modularity, and reusability of produced source code.
- Focuses on developing innovative, scalable, and efficient software.
- Integrates HTML templates into web-based applications.
- Meets with clients or prospective clients to provide technical input.
- Maintains existing software and projects.
- 5+ years of experience writing PHP code and building PHP based sites and web applications.
- Advanced knowledge of object oriented development principles as they apply to PHP. Object creation, instantiation, inheritance, namespacing.
- Experience using composer to manage packages in projects
- Experience building websites and developing custom code for the PHP based frameworks such as Symfony, Zend or Laravel
- 5+ years experience writing queries for MySQL or other SQL based databases
- Familiarity and experience with Linux based operating systems and Bash command line
- Experience with web content management systems and distributed web applications
- Experience with Drupal 7 and Drupal 8 is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law