at Mirum Minneapolis
The Managing Director will serve as the leader to the Minneapolis office, as well as a client leader for a $30M+ healthcare business. You’ll be responsible for providing vision, strategy, and leadership for a multi-disciplinary team of 60+. This is a senior leader who has proven experience leading an agency’s overall success.
The MD knows how to drive and win new business, provide strategic counsel to key clients, and nurture a culture of collaboration and innovation. In this role, you will drive the agency’s positioning, hire and develop high performing teams who can work across a range of industry categories, and set the office strategy while delivering against the business plan. You must understand and value culture, as much as winning and delivering great work. With an entrepreneurial spirit, this MD will have the honor of leading a team who are eager to rise to a challenge. People make things happen at Mirum and you will be entrusted to attract, develop/nurture and retain the Company’s greatest asset, our people.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic Plan:
- Define the vision & direction for the Minneapolis office, including short and long-term goals, aligned with global & regional priorities.
- Regularly communicate this plan and status to the leadership team and staff.
- Client Support:
- Become expert at Mirum capabilities and methodologies to connect an integrated approach to clients and work.
- Grow opportunities with existing clients by developing strategic relationships and selling our full capabilities to meet their broader business needs.
- Develop and maintain senior client relationships. Provide strategic counsel to teams and clients across all accounts.
- Drive innovative, award winning work.
- Ensure work is delivered successfully both in-office and with cross-office teams.
- Lead and connect internal teams across Mirum and Wunderman Thompson offices.
- Exhibit a solid understanding of digital customer experience in the healthcare vertical.
- New Business:
- As industry thought leader, actively network and develop brand awareness.
- Generate large-scale new business efforts, sell our services and drive growth by closing new business.
- Lead pitch efforts, ensure strategic direction of pitch is sound and conveys a strong story rooted in marketplace and industry insights.
- Work across holding company (WPP) and across Mirum on new business efforts.
- People & Culture:
- Oversee a staff of 60+. Direct reports include senior Creative, Strategy, Account, and Operations leads.
- Attract, hire and retain top talent and high performing teams.
- Coach, mentor and motivate teams in collaboration with discipline and account leaders.
- Lead culture of real time feedback to support people’s development.
- Establish and maintain a positive office environment & nurture a culture of mutual respect, transparency, accountability & creativity.
- Financial Plan:
- Define and deliver against both annual & quarterly financial plans.
- Includes revenue, costs, operating profit, and margin based on pre-defined growth targets, and supported by regional financial staff.
- Fifteen to twenty years of digital agency experience, advertising, marketing or business equivalent.
- 8+ years in leadership position, managing large scale accounts or running an office. Healthcare experience is required.
- Proven track record of growing existing accounts and closing on new business.
- Experience developing and executing against strategic plan and vision.
- Experience delivering against a financial plan (top line revenue growth and operating margins) and oversight of P&L.
- Exceptional leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills: listening, written and oral. Ability to use communication to inspire a large staff.
- Demonstrated success at developing and leading best practices, methodologies, and service offerings.
- Ability to build employee morale and obtain team and individual commitments.
Mirum provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k match & profit sharing, and is headquartered in Downtown San Diego. This position is based in our Minneapolis office; candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to that area.