at Mirum Minneapolis
Mirum is looking for an Executive Producer to provide both senior-level project and business management and assist with PMO definition and mentoring. The Executive Producer is responsible for guiding the development of projects to ensure they are completed on time, within budget, and at the highest level of quality. Additionally, the Executive Producer will be responsible for providing oversight and program management of multiple large, high-profile projects and stakeholder groups.
The Executive Producer must have an eye for great work that meets project requirements and specification, must be able to identify and advocate for innovative ideas, and must be a superior as well as an inspirational leader to teams.
The Executive Producer reports to the Director of Production and will play an important role in developing and leading broad initiatives to improve existing processes and implement new process within the Production department and enterprise-wide.
- Program Manager Over Large Unit of Business
- Possess a current understanding of each project managed under the large unit of business including status, budget, next steps, outstanding issues to resolve, internal and external challenges.
- Assist producers on projects within this unit of business via mentoring, training, issue resolution, and best practices recommendations.
- Provide clear guidance and advice to producers on projects under this unit of business, help isolate areas of risk that would otherwise go unnoticed, provide techniques and suggestions to improve certain aspects of their day-to-day jobs or their overall approach to project management.
- Manage One or More Key Projects
- Schedule and manage project activities, apply creative and strategic thinking to problems, possess technical and project management skills to satisfy project requirements.
- Accountable for the execution, management and quality control of projects from concept to completion—ensuring client and internal team satisfaction, meeting all timeline milestones, and delivering within the approved budgets.
- Develop an engagement strategy and work with the team and discipline leads to execute it, involving people at the optimal levels for project success and overall account utilization (goals, deliverables, schedule, budget, resources)
- Maintain early involvement in project, assisting with gathering requirements, documenting statements of work, creating estimates and timelines, and assembling a team.
- Manage the production teams and the process on all jobs; serve as an escalation point for issues as they arise.
- Develop a working relationship with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring understanding of each project and satisfaction with the production process.
- Understand the capabilities and limitations of each member involved on any particular project or task.
- Communicate project production status regularly to the Director of Project Management.
- Develop and document project parameters including scope, schedule, budget, specifications; create, update, monitor and socialize project plans for all elements of project.
- Closely monitor budgets to avoid and/or resolve scope creep, budget overages, or efficiency issues.
- Maintain a repository of all project (creative, multimedia, technology, etc.) requirements and specifications across all disciplines; including functional specifications, creative briefs, and wireframes.
- Conduct and lead project kick-off and status meetings regularly with clients and the internal team; ensure thorough communication with all stakeholders at all stages of every project.
- Proactively communicate with teams about production recommendations, risks, challenges and solutions.
- Resolve team conflict as necessary.
- Be able to think quickly under pressure, as well as motivate and engage the team to produce the best possible results.
- Oversee and Improve Key Production Deliverables / Processes
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of internal processes to allow for smooth execution of projects and improved efficiency across departments and project team members.
- Cultivate and demonstrate an interest and awareness of trends and best practices as related to the digital space.
- Help build, develop, and encourage new productions processes for designers, developers, and producers in order to accommodate expansion of the company services and new types of work.
Skill & Abilities Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree and at least six years of hands-on project management/producing experience in the interactive field. Agency experience a must.
- Experience and comfort in a client-facing role, working with and delivering to external clients.
- Experience and comfort running large engagements with Fortune 500 clients.
- Experience managing robust digital projects that may include front- and back-end development, application and hosting-related efforts, mobile-first development, development of content for social platforms, SEO/SEM, display campaigns, voice skills, AR/VR.
- Experience managing large interdisciplinary teams and multiple vendor partners if necessary.
- Strong understanding of digital technologies and trends.
- Experience managing cross-office and off-shore teams.
- Experience managing robust platform migrations.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to qualify innovative ideas with top-notch research and industry knowledge.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented and capable of self-managing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Ability to apply critical and strategic thinking.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Stress-tolerant, quick thinking and accurate.
- Ability to quickly understand new technology and creative concepts.
- Expertise with entire Office 365 suite of tools.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills as a team leader and team player.
- Flexibility, initiative, dedication, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel on occasion for client meetings, trade shows and/or conferences.
- Have a sense of humor, be outgoing, articulate, well-informed, intelligent, confident, and possess common sense.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.