Director of Strategy
at Mirum Minneapolis
A member of the Mirum’s Strategy & Planning Team, the primary function of the Director of Strategy is to lead the development of strategic planning engagements for clients and the resources that support those efforts. In doing so, the Director of Strategy will have primary responsibility for developing actionable direction and guidance for clients with regards to achieving business goals. The output of this work, and efforts associated, will inform clients (and the agency) on opportunity, vision, and solutions for digital and business advancement.
Activities may include, research, insights, organizational structure planning, optimization planning, digital business case development, customer journey mapping, roadmap development, digital forecasts, etc. As a part of the Strategy & Consulting Team, this person will help steer the direction of the consulting team for the broader cross-agency team work on new business efforts and manage, mentor and grow the strategy function within Mirum. In addition, this person will be a senior member of the Minneapolis leadership team, playing a key role in driving how local market success contributes to Mirum’s broader success in the US and beyond.
- Lead the development of strategic deliverables with a specific focus on innovative digital experiences and digital solutions.
- Work with clients to identify strategic opportunities and subsequent plans that meet the digital needs of both the client and their customer.
- Research, gather and evaluate qualitative data and quantitative data to identify insights in a compelling and digestible way.
- Keep client executives informed on strategic considerations and suggested digital innovations.
- Identify inter-department and cross-channel opportunities, and offer vision of the ideal digital client experience.
- Effectively develop and lead workshops, brainstorm sessions, etc. to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Build and manage strong working relationships with business decision makers at the C-level of the client organization.
- Provide ongoing strategic guidance within projects and on project/account teams.
- Manage and further develop a team of strategic specialists in the areas of brand, marketing, digital platforms, customer experience and data strategy.
- Collaborate with analytics team and other internal teams to generate comprehensive results analysis reports for clients/account teams.
- Actively seek and share knowledge of the latest technology and digital trends/events.
The Director of Strategy should have the following qualifications:
- Prior experience is required; (7+ plus years required of internet, marketing, management, or consulting experience, at least 5 years focused exclusively on the digital space).
- Expert knowledge of the digital space: online advertising, digital strategy, strong understanding of core digital platforms (content management, analytics, marketing automation, optimization, audience management, etc.).
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and applying secondary research.
- Experience in developing, analyzing, and applying primary research.
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative research data/results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills–augmented by strong presentation skills.
- The ability to plan and lead workshops and working sessions.
- Experience managing and developing a team.
- Must know how to develop and manage a budget.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented and capable of self-managing and multitasking in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to quickly understand new technology concepts.
- Bachelor's degree.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy, flexibility and a sense of humor in a constantly evolving business environment.
- Ability to build relationships, both with clients and internal team members.
- Excellent listener with the ability to discern relevant information and articulate it appropriately to others.
- Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving abilities.
- Leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team while holding them accountable to deliver the quality of work expected.
- A strong work ethic and career orientation; wants to learn, develop and attain new skill sets and improve.
- Values others and acts with integrity and respect.
- Ability to confront challenges or problems directly and honestly; must be able to handle difficult situations and conversations with grace.
- Ability to facilitate.
- Ability to think and act appropriately “on their feet.”
- Has the ability to handle numerous assignments at once; is organized and thorough with professional follow through.
- Displays professional “polish”; executive presence and confidence.