at Mirum Minneapolis
The Business Director (BD) is a proven leader who is passionate about strategic marketing, big brands, interactive media and is digital inside and out. They have deep expertise in a business vertical, experience in running high-profile client accounts, and have demonstrated success in driving highly creative work that builds brands and delivers commercial success.
The Business Director is a lead member of the Client Services team and is able to lead and inspire the team to deliver excellent client service, providing thought leadership on digital programs as well as fostering strong client relationships and strategically directing projects are essential day-to-day skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Own, grow and maintain client relationships
- Proactively identify new opportunities and clearly articulate potential solutions within the agency’s service areas.
- Develop overall business strategy and long-term roadmap of their accounts.
- Engage and partner with Creative, Technology and Producer teams, as well as key roles in the Client Services team, to deliver seamless and superior client service and work product.
- Partner with the Business Development team through participation in pitch preparations, agency outreach and delivery.
- Maintain highest standard of excellence in client service across the agency teams and with assigned portfolio.
- Partner with strategic planning team to inform creative, strategic and project briefs.
- Contract negotiation including renew, upsell and key contact for any new work discussion. Track agency revenue and seek out and drive organic growth opportunities.
- Provide a point of escalation for the client and the project team.
Business Director Performance Metrics
- Supporting excellence in delivery: Managing an account portfolio with borderless multi-discipline teams, delivering multi-million-dollar strategic, development and marketing activities.
- Reputation and Relationship management. To retain and expand current client relationships and achieve positive perception of the agency through intentional cultivating activities, thought leadership and provision of business value.
- Account and Portfolio Growth. Driving organic growth within an account via relationship expansion, contract negotiation and/or through new client acquisition.
- Client Satisfaction: Fostering high satisfaction via client sentiment studies and retrospective activities.
Skill & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 9 years experience in an interactive agency, and/or marketing/advertising environment.
- Experience running accounts for Fortune 500 clients with an insatiable curiosity about the clients’ industry, business, to-market strategy, products and growth opportunities.
- Multi-category experience including: consumer (B2C), B2B, healthcare, entertainment, telecom or finance.
- Strong digital media/digital marketing background and understanding of business and brand planning.
- Strong digital development and/or technical implementation background for email/CRM, marketing automation, websites, apps and platforms.
- Passionate about brands, digital communications and emerging technologies.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in managing resources to meet goals across multiple projects
- Demonstrate a strong business mind-set and ambition to drive growth for both agency and client.
- Highly articulate with excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate
- Dynamic and energizing with an ability to maintain optimism and a positive attitude in a challenging, fast-paced, and changing environment.
- Experience managing an account portfolio of 2-5 million dollars, and managing relationships in complex, multi-layered enterprise environments is preferred.
Mirum provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k match & profit sharing, and is headquartered in Downtown San Diego. This position is for our Minneapolis office, and candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to the Minneapolis area.We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.