Associate Business Director
at Mirum Minneapolis
The Associate Business Director (ABD) is a rising star who is passionate about building long-term strategic partnerships with clients. More specifically, this person knows how to work with a team to solve clients’ business problems and is adept and building and growing meaningful relationships. They also have a proven track record as an Account Supervisor including experience driving high-profile accounts and demonstrated success in leading highly creative work that builds brands and delivers commercial success.
The Associate Business Director provides thought leadership on digital programs as well as fosters strong client relationships, in addition to the ability to consistently lead and inspire the team to deliver exceptional work.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Understand client business, internal dynamics, industry and competition to help bring clients the right solutions at the right time.
- Develop an overall business strategy and long-term roadmap of their accounts.
- Grow and retain strategic client relationships and proactively identify new opportunities.
- Maintain highest standard of excellence in client service across the agency teams, including the ability to bring thought-leadership to clients and flawlessly execute the details of any assignment.
- Partner with strategic planning team to inform creative, strategic and project briefs.
- Stay curious, keeping up on digital trends and emerging technology to bring our best thinking to our clients.
- Engage and partner with internal teams to deliver exceptional work and superior client service.
- Financial acumen and an understanding of how to manage the P&L for their portfolio.
Business Director Performance Metrics:
- Client Satisfaction – Ongoing analysis of client sentiment and perception of the brand/agency
- Account/Portfolio Growth. To drive organic growth within an account or support new client acquisition
Skill & Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 8 years’ experience in a digital agency, and/or marketing/advertising environment.
- Experience working on large, complex digital experiences and/or working with a large healthcare organization.
- Experience working on Fortune 500 clients with an insatiable curiosity about their business.
- Multi-category experience including: consumer, B2B, healthcare, entertainment, telecom or finance.
- Strong digital experience/digital marketing background and understanding of business and brand planning.
- Passionate about brands, digital communications and emerging technologies.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in driving a team to meet goals across multiple projects.
- Demonstrate a strong business mind-set and ambition to drive growth for both agency and client.
- Highly articulate with excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Conviction and courage to drive decisions and defend positions as appropriate.
- Dynamic and energizing with an ability to maintain optimism and constructive collaboration in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional maturity with the ability to lead meetings and build relationships with senior clients and leaders of organizations.
Mirum provides competitive salaries, excellent benefits, 401k match, and is headquartered in San Diego. This position is in our Minneapolis office, and candidates must reside in or be willing to relocate to Minneapolis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.