Sr. Software Engineer
at Mirum Dallas
Mirum is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer for design, development, deployment, and production support for a transactional middle tier, XML service layer, batch file import and extract, and browser-based applications. The ability to work in a team environment and take initiative is necessary. You will focus on developing in a multi-tiered environment. Prior experience with enterprise-class application development is a plus.
You will design and develop software to support real-time transactions and transactions sourced from files and direct database connectivity. Applications supported include a custom data retrievals application, XML web service integration to a high-volume web site, enterprise application GUI interface, and several file extract based integrations.
Strong SQL and problem-solving skills are required. You will participate in all phases of full life-cycle development/maintenance of systems, including requirements analysis, applications design, implementation, testing, deployment, and documentation. You will also assist with implementing forward-thinking solutions on behalf of clients and Mirum Agency.
What you do:
- Communicate effectively project leaders and senior management regarding key milestones, success criteria, and risks.
- Work with other developers to ensure high standards, efficiency, performance, data integrity, accuracy and security of applications.
- Research and propose cost effective technical solutions to address business challenges such as improvement of development, process, and governance standards.
- Ensure adoption of group standards for development, process, and controls.
- Responsible for application and system architecture related to database applications supporting all areas of lead acquisition, prospecting, distribution, fulfillment, and lifecycle reporting.
- Analyze data gathered and develop solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Design, evaluate, recommend, and initiate changes of database programs and reporting platforms.
- Working knowledge of application and T-SQL code and can demonstrate the ability to write functional requirements.
- Optimize existing processes to increase performance and improve productivity.
- Plan, coordinate and implement user level access for the designed application for ongoing productivity.
- Document findings of study and prepare recommendations for the implementation of new systems, procedures, or applications.
- Strong Object Oriented development skills and unit/code testing experience is required
- 5+ yrs. development experience with C# programming preferred
- 3+ yrs. experience in relational database design, development, and implementation
- 5+ yrs. experience working with MS SQL Server; recent experience in MS SQL Server 2008R2 desired, experience with MS SQL 2016 is a plus.
- Experience in MS SQL Server development using Job Agents, CLR functions, T-SQL, stored procedures, triggers and functions is desired.
- Familiarity developing and supporting ASP.NET (ASMX), WCF and Web API Services.
- Experience with Version Control Systems (GIT/Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience in an OLTP and Warehousing environment preferred.
- An ability to learn quickly and rapidly establish expertise with the technology supporting clients.
- Ability to architect and design enterprise level web applications.
- Entity Framework/LINQ (Ability to write/read/understand complex LINQ queries) is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; analytical and problem solving skills are critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across multiple organization levels.
- Expert knowledge of web application design issues, including sessions, security, load balancing and performance
- Proficiency with JIRA
- Proficiency with TeamCity
- Proficiency with Auto deployment (e.g., Octopus, Jenkins).
- Experience with DevOps experience (e.g., AWS, MS Azure, etc.)
- Experience with Development for Serverless cloud offerings
- Experience with Business Rule Management Systems
- Experience with Business Process Management Systems
- Experience in the direct marketing industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.