at J. Walter Thompson London
We are brand makers who have been pioneering and innovating for our clients since 1864. As a fully integrated and global creative agency, our firm belief is that that diversity of our talent delivers diversity of thought.
Our values of Courage, Curiosity, Creativity and Collaboration underpin everything that we do.
With a proud creative heritage and a talented, friendly team of employees, we continue to wave the flag of creativity. As a testament to this, J. Walter Thompson London was recently ranked as the 4th most creative agency in the 2017 Gunn report as well as the 3rd most awarded agency at the 2017 Cannes Lions.
We are privileged to partner an incredible group of clients and household brands including HSBC, KITKAT, Ribena, Rolex, Kelloggs, Avon, Treasury Wine Estates and Intercontinental Hotel Group
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to work as a WIP controller and to join an exciting and dynamic team. The ideal candidate will work as an integral member of finance team, looking after a range of clients, liaising and interacting with finance and non-finance colleagues across the agency. They will be responsible for the day to day running of the ledger, meeting with account teams, TV Producers, Creative Producers and other departments.
Day to Day
• Day to Day management of key agency clients - to include billing, job reconciliations and regular meetings with account teams, TV and Creative producers
• Working with both our traditional agency output (e.g. Print / TV) and also digital / direct outputs and the different types of billing and revenue recognition associated with each type of work
• Monitor the opening of all jobs within agency to ensure correct set up
• Checking of costs to identify any abnormalities and ensure all costs are in accordance with SOX, internal policy and client contracts
• Liaising with external cost controllers and client marketing staff for finance updates and job reconciliations
• Working with Financial Analysts to bill fees and transfer revenue
• Monitoring of agency investment jobs to minimize risk to company
• Develop a good knowledge of SOX and how this impacts the running of the business and be able to ensure agency compliance
• Be key contact person for non-finance staff and help them with any system / process queries
• Helping account teams provide accurate financial information to their clients in a timely manner
• Monthly reporting on aged WIP
• Ad hoc reporting
• Chairing meetings with senior and non-finance people
Qualities & Key Competencies
• Preferably financial background or finance studies
• Maconomy (preferred but not essential)
• Organised & enthusiastic
• Excellent time management
• Good excel skills
• Strong communication skills
Last, but not least, you play your part to make JWT London a fantastic place to work. We are lucky to work with such amazing creative talent but importantly, the people at JWT are also very nice and this makes all the difference.
We welcome Part-time, Job Share and Flexible Working arrangements.
Good luck with your application!