Social Media Manager
at J. Walter Thompson London
We are brand makers who have been pioneering and innovating for our clients since 1864. As a fully integrated and global creative agency, our firm belief is that that diversity of our talent delivers diversity of thought.
With a proud creative heritage and a talented, friendly team of employees, we continue to wave the flag of creativity. As a testament to this, J. Walter Thompson London was recently ranked as the 4th most creative agency in the 2017 Gunn report as well as the 3rd most awarded agency at the 2017 Cannes Lions.
We are privileged to partner an incredible group of clients and household brands including HSBC, KITKAT, Ribena, Rolex, Kelloggs, Avon, Treasury Wine Estates and Intercontinental Hotel Group.
Working within our vibrant Social Media & Content division (PACE), JWT London are looking for an experienced Social Media professional to join our growing team and work with some of the biggest and best-loved brands in the UK.
It’s an entrepreneurial role, helping build the offering of JWT PACE, win new business and leading the way in innovating how we work together as a business.
- Developing and managing online activity – both organic and paid for some of our key clients across social media and digital platforms.
- Community Management and content planning.
- Planning and managing content calendars.
- Liaising with account management team/client's.
- Paid media: recommendation on the best ad formats to use to deliver on your clients objectives as well as setup and optimisation of the paid campaigns on each platform and reporting on results.
Analytics & Reporting
- Oversee reporting & analytics – write, oversee and sign-off monthly, weekly and/or quarterly reporting.
- Managing work for pitches, compiling research and using expertise to prepare presentations and/or research documentation.
- Using social media listening tools to unearth audience insights and inspire creative opportunities.
- Provide best practice advice and/or case studies to JWT teams
• Keeping up-to-date on the latest social media news and platform updates.
Work with platform partners to put our social brands in the best position for alpha/beta trials of new products as well as develop methodology for any tests/projects to help measure social media activity.
Who we are looking for:
- A background as a Social Media Executive/Community Manager/Social Media Planner is essential to be considered for this role
- Experience within a creative/digital/social media agency environment would be a huge advantage.
- Experience working with big brands
- Ability to think strategically about social as a whole and as part of the wider marketing mix.
- Experience with well-known global and/or corporate brands.
- Experience in creating and managing content calendars across multiple social platforms.
- Experience in managing paid social media campaigns
- Analytical skills including familiarity with web analytics and social listening tools.
- Be up-to-speed on the latest developments in social media, to rapidly recommend/adopt accepted best practice for clients.
- Previous experience in online content-creation e.g. via experience of PR, journalism, or copywriting a bonus.
- Enthusiasm and passion for innovative and emerging digital tools and technology.
Last, but not least, you play your part to make JWT London a fantastic place to work. We are lucky to work with such amazing creative talent but importantly, the people at JWT are also very nice and this makes all the difference.
We welcome Part-time, Job Share and Flexible Working arrangements.
Good luck with your application!