at J. Walter Thompson London
We are brand makers who have been pioneering and innovating for our clients since 1864. As a fully integrated and global creative agency, our firm belief is that that diversity of our talent delivers diversity of thought.
Our values of Courage, Curiosity, Creativity and Collaboration underpin everything that we do.
With a proud creative heritage and a talented, friendly team of employees, we continue to wave the flag of creativity. As a testament to this, J. Walter Thompson London was recently ranked as the 4th most creative agency in the 2017 Gunn report as well as the 3rd most awarded agency at the 2017 Cannes Lions.
We feel lucky to be able to partner an incredible group of clients and household brands including HSBC, KITKAT, Ribena, Rolex, Kelloggs, Avon, Treasury Wine Estates and Intercontinental Hotel Group.
We are also industry leaders in Learning & Development initiatives. JWT London hold a record 6 IPA CPD Gold effectiveness awards and 3 Platinum awards for sustained professional development excellence.
Based in our vibrant Knightsbridge office with a large rooftop garden and a short walk to Hyde Park - it's a vibrant setting for creative thinking.
JWT, the birthplace of Advertising Planning has an exciting opportunity for a talented and experienced Planner to join our vibrant London team.
This role would be suited to a Planner with proven experience working on established brands within a creative advertising agency environment. Level wise, you may be a Junior Planner who is looking for a step up or an existing Planner who is looking for a new opportunity.
Working closely with our creative and client services teams, you will be able to bring actionable insights to your clients briefs.
The special someone we are looking for will have proven experience working across all Comms channels, from digital through to ATL as well as experience in different types of Planning (Comms, Brand) that allows you to confidently manage an integrated campaign.
You are also someone who understands the motivations, beliefs and behaviours of different target audiences and can translate these insights into compelling propositions and strategies.
You'll have a natural ability to write creative briefs,with persuasive propositions that inspire the creative process.
The role offers an opportunity to work on leading global brands across truly integrated marketing activity, so you'll have a solid understanding of how traditional and digital channels work together. You will also have the opportunity to progress your planning career in a supportive agency environment, surrounded by a very talented (and friendly) team.
Here are some technical elements of the role:
- Client Facing experience and capability.
- Facilitation of research workshops.
- Appreciation of the components of brand strategy (objectives, segmentation, positioning, targeting, architecture).
- Proficient at marshalling and manipulating and visualising data.
- Aware of and can correctly use different data sources and can analyse the relevant points, both in analysis and argument.
- Understand the principles around consumer segmentation and have used segmentations.
- Has developed their own relationships with Creatives, without leaning on their seniors.
- Capable of working with Creatives independently on smaller projects.
- Anticipating the needs of the account from a planning perspective and be planning ahead.
- Developing a wider understanding of the client’s business and the account in general and the industry.
- Developing their relationships with the wider client team, building their confidence and trust.
- Develop their relationship with other partner agencies, e.g. media. Design, event agencies to understand the interplay and where control comes from.
- Pioneering Solutions: understand the basics of what constitutes the major strands needed to build a strategy and be able to suggest possible approaches, from which one can be chosen.
- Have an understanding of what is a customer journey, how to audit the content/communications ecosystem and where the most valuable points are to invest time and money
- Understand what is a channel plan, to have a meaningful discussion with a Client or Media Agency.
You also enjoy working both autonomously and as part of a team.
Last, but not least, you play your part to make JWT London a fantastic place to work. We are lucky to work with amazing talent but importantly, the people at JWT are also very nice and this makes all the difference.
We welcome Part-time, Job Share and Flexible Working arrangements.
Good luck with your application!