at J. Walter Thompson London
We are brand makers who have been pioneering and innovating for our clients since 1864. As a fully integrated and global creative agency, our firm belief is that that diversity of our talent delivers diversity of thought.
Our values of Courage, Curiosity, Creativity and Collaboration underpin everything that we do.
With a proud creative heritage and a talented, friendly team of employees, we continue to wave the flag of creativity. As a testament to this, J. Walter Thompson London was recently ranked as the 4th most creative agency in the 2017 Gunn report as well as the 3rd most awarded agency at the 2017 Cannes Lions.
We are privileged to partner an incredible group of clients and household brands including HSBC, KITKAT, Ribena, Rolex, Kelloggs, Avon, Treasury Wine Estates and Intercontinental Hotel Group.
A unique opportunity has become available for an ambitious and enthusiastic Junior Planner to join our vibrant team.
Ideally this role would suit a Junior Planner with some experience within a creative agency environment, who would now like the opportunity to work with big brands and a team that will support your professional development.
The role in more detail
The Planner that we are looking for will be able to achieve a balancing act between both learning and contributing as they develop their skills as a Planner.
Junior Planners need to develop a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Planning and help with the more basic tasks that build a strategy. This includes:
- Research the different types and where the different types fit in each stage.
- Commission basic quantitative & qualitative research, devise a questionnaire, analyse the data, interpret the results and make recommendations.
- Read and understand trend reports, market data and effectiveness reports for their client brands.
- Be familiar with and able to use basic digital research tools.
- Support a Senior Planner and Account Director gather stimulus for the Creatives’ briefing, and provide ongoing support to the creative teams.
- Competitive review: work in partnership with the Account Exec and Manager to analyse and meaningfully segment competitive communications. Be able to see the strategy behind the execution and communications idea rather than just providing competent reportage of the competition's work execution by execution.
- Be a competent presenter internally and with clients, can effectively communicate and secure attention for aspects of strategy and reviews that they have been responsible for.
- Build relationships with their opposite in research at the Client’s side.
- Have a basic understanding of what is a customer journey, and where Communications may feature.
We welcome Part-time, Job Share and Flexible Working arrangements.
Good luck with your application!