Associate Account Executive
at J. Walter Thompson INSIDE Los Angeles
J. Walter Thompson INSIDE Los Angelesis seeking an Associate Account Executive to join our Account Management team.
As an Associate Account Executive (AAE) you will be a fully participating team member, responsible for providing impeccable support on a day-to-day basis to the Account team. You will learn to foster strong client relationships while supporting the team to deliver great work collaboratively and to the highest quality. Account team structures may include: direct client contact, collaborating with other AAEs/AEs or working directly with an Account Manager.
A Day in the Life of an AAE:
- Provide On-going Client Service Support
- Contribute to the creation of status and project reports
- Provide prompt, thorough response to miscellaneous client requests
- Ensure sharing of relevant information across disciplines
- Establish trust and respect with clients
- Media research, execution, tracking and reporting for 1-off requests and larger strategic plans
- Monitor newly launched media campaigns to review performance and detect any errors within 1-2 days
- Provide comprehensive media data for PPC campaigns on a monthly basis and provide any analysis or insights, if possible
- Bill all media campaigns
- Provide project support
- Use internal resources (agency newsletter, blogs, Google Alerts, etc.) to become an expert in our industry, including recent trends (social, digital, media)
- Be familiar with your clients and their industry (i.e. healthcare, retail, finance, etc.)
- Track communication plans, media plans, etc.
- Learn the Products of the Agency (EVP, Technology, Creative, Digital)
- Gain basic understanding of the communication process across disciplines
- Be actively involved on smaller creative/production projects using them to understand their contribution to overall brand solution
What you’ll need:
- Some experience. Let’s start with a BA and one year of experience in an agency or related environment.
- Think like an entrepreneur - need to focus on the outcome, not just on the process. Be incredibly action oriented. Think differently about problems and help figure them out.
- A creative mind. Ability to recognize a great idea and empower the creative teams to see it through. Do not kill ideas because the client won’t like it and be able to provide the business context needed for the work to be successful.
- Business centricity. Don’t be afraid to dig deep into the business to understand where the pain points are. Be able to link our work directly back to the business as much as possible. Question everything.
- This is critical to foster a highly collaborative environment.
- You must be able to confidently present your own and other’s work persuasively, whether written or verbal.
- You will be working with clients, different disciplines within the agency and media vendors. These interactions should be the highlight of your day.
- Desire to Learn. This is the entry level account function within JWT INSIDE, so you have much to learn. Be curious and find ways to get involved on projects that pique your interests.
- To engage with emerging media and technology.
- Work in a constantly evolving environment that is a meld of cultures, disciplines and work habits.
- Finance savvy. Not afraid of working with numbers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.