Head of Technical
at J. Walter Thompson Hong Kong
Reporting to the Director of Digital with a dotted reporting line to the CEO of J. Walter Thompson Hong Kong. You will lead, manage, and oversee our technical development team, You will have a leadership role in our operations team whilst playing the muse to bridge creativity and technology, thereby playing a critical part in our continued growth and success. Our ideal candidate will have a strong track record of building and leading technical development teams in agency with sounds and solid hands-on experience plus team management skills.
You will lead a young and talented team for the following:
Digital Marketing Communication Solution Delivery and Development
- Oversee and manage programming production process, including managing other technical partners, identify/review vendors and potential partners. Performs code reviews and mentors junior developers.
- Work closely with Account servicing & project team to assign work to staff members to maximize quality and efficiency by leveraging diverse skill sets of the department.
- Work on budgets/costs, schedules and set goals/milestones for deliverables, monitor and manage progress, overcome obstacles, and lead team in delivering project on time and on budget.
- Deliver quality work in accordance with industry standards under tight timeline and multitasking environment
- Draft and implement test plan for various scale of projects.
- Liaise directly with select clients for fulfillment of select projects.
Technical Expertise at the heart of the creative process
- Actively explore latest technical best practice, trends and technology for digital marketing communication on web, mobile and beyond (e.g. touch technology, interactive TV)
- Work closely with creative and translate the technical skill which sets inspirational ideas during brainstorming process
- Base on your programming skills and trends knowledge, you should lead the team to develop coding designs and prototypes into cross-browser and cross-platform HTML5/CSS/JS with the emphasis on new technologies and progressive enhancement.
- Confident in all the ins and outs of getting designs to work in a wide range of browsers from PC to mobile
- A team player and love to collaborate, technical will be at the heart of the creative process in JWT, a good appreciation of usability and interaction design will be required.
- Hold regular status meetings with development team.
- Facilitate effective team interaction.
- Conduct performance review to your staffs
- Effectively utilize each team member to his/her fullest potential.
- Keep track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
- At least 7 years hands-on programming experience in pure play digital agency or 4As, which 2 years are at team leadership position.
- Front end skills
- Knowledgable in various programming languages ( e.g. HTML5 , CSS3 , PHP , ASP , AS3, JQuery) , understands the benefits of the various programming languages.
- Confident developing within the Facebook page tab environment, developing applications and integrating with the Facebook graph API.
- Have expert experience with accessibility, cross browser requirements, and progressive enhancement;
- Understands techniques to improve search engine optimization
- Experience working with digital video as source material
- Intuitive about UX, with an eye for design.
- Experienced in responsive web design, working mobile first, as well as modular design and code patterns
- Understands web accessibility standards and their implementation methods
- Possesses significant knowledge of bandwidth measuring/estimation techniques
- Backend skills
- Understands complex database concepts and effectively employs different database design techniques.
- Proficient with PHP, MySQL and basic server-side technology.
- Possesses significant knowledge of client/server and internet systems architectures.
- Have interest and/or knowledge in other emergent technologies.
- Obsessive about detail
- Able to function independently and still work well in a "team oriented" environment.
- Self-motivated, and able to multi-task.
- Able to take initiative to be productive and efficient, self-motivated and able to multi-task.
- Able to be creative through the use of technology. Experience in implementation of Adobe, Salesforce and other 3rd party solutions is a huge plus.