Copywriter / Senior Copywriter
at J. Walter Thompson Shanghai
- Working together with art, copy and account staff to provide creative, strategically sound solutions for client, in-house and new business needs.
- Working with others in the creative department to develop conceptual abilities.
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts across media.
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on agreed brief.
- Presenting concepts to creative directors, business directors and clients.
- Working collaboratively with art directors, producers, photographers, stylists, illustrators, designers, account executives, web developers and clients to each client needs.
As a benchmark, it is suggested that potential hires have three to five years of experience writing copy for advertising/marketing agencies or lifestyle/culture media outlets. The position will be based on the working experience.
- Ideally, BA or work experience in journalism-related field. Relevant life experience and training may be substituted.
- A strong portfolio of big ideas - well written
- Basic knowledge of appropriate hardware (Mac and/or PC) and software (Microsoft Word, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of one-to-one communications - on and offline Ability to reach various audiences, using a range of voice, style and format.
- Understanding of brand, product, digital media, and how people interact with eachA natural and intuitive researcher.
- Proven ability to manage and organize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Habitually on top of inspiring, cutting-edge trends and developments.
- Excellent written and verbal communications. Attention to details.