Application Support and Quality Lead
at J. Walter Thompson Chicago
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world's best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first to rocket a candy bar into space, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, the first to create an amphibious prosthetic limb, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.
We are seeking an Application Support and Quality Lead in our Chicago office. The Application Support and Quality Lead provides Tier 2 support for our applications and integrations with external systems such as Office 365, Windows Active Directory, Corporate Intranet Portal, and other Global/Regional applications.
- Work within a multi-disciplinary and distributed team, including other testers and support engineers, designers, developers, project managers, business partners and other stakeholders globally.
- Work with support partners and vendors to resolve advance technical issues.
- Write test plans, support documentation, and end user communication plans before/as new solutions and applications are rolled out.
- Document troubleshooting and resolution steps within the corporate Knowledge Base system to share with IT support community.
- Train local office IT personnel to ensure they are equipped with the right knowledge to provide Tier 1 technical
- Maintain and improve the framework for Automated Test Cases using the latest technologies and best practices.
- Manage JIRA spaces for several concurrent projects and keep close communication with JIRA provider for support and platform updates.
- Oversee quality control, upgrades, modifications, and multiple issues concurrently.
- Collect and document requirements for new and existing products to solve challenges discovered in Production, and continuously improve software applications while adhering to defined timelines and budgets.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or a related field plus three (3) years of experience as a systems analyst, QA analyst, or in a similar IT testing role.
In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, will accept two (2) additional years of experience as a systems analyst, QA analyst or in a similar IT testing role; or any suitable combination of education, training or experience as a systems analyst, QA analyst, or in a similar IT testing role.
Experience working with all of the following:
- LDAP and Active Directory;
- Selenium, Maven, Java and Git;
- JIRA and Test Link;
- Web Testing tools, DevTools, Firebug, JMeter, and RESTClient.
- Slack, MS Teams, Google Hangouts, Skype, Google Docs, and Office 365.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.