Technical & Facilities Assistant
at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
This is a 6-month contract position.
Flexibility is sometimes required regarding working hours – ability to adjust schedule as required for emergencies, after-hour repairs or office moves.
- Assist with providing AV support for internal meetings, client meetings and agency events, i.e. projector, tv and video conferencing systems.
- Assist with trouble shooting and providing prompt support for equipment issues, including printers, photocopiers, desk phones and mobile phones.
- Assist with trouble-shooting and providing support for basic computer issues (software and hardware) and assist with submitting tickets to IT Help Desk as required.
- Attend to office equipment issues, including arranging for repairs, ordering supplies and liaising with vendors.
- Assist with setting up and relocating light office equipment.
- Assist with setting up and moving desk phones and computers as required i.e. employee workstation relocation and office moves.
- Assist with workstation set up with equipment and supplies for newly hired employees (and the opposite for leaving employees).
- Assist with equipment inventory.
- Assist with set up for client meetings, all-staff meetings, agency functions and business pitches as required.
- Place service calls for office maintenance to ensure minimal interruptions to business.
- Ensure meeting rooms and common areas are neat and tidy.
- Receive supply deliveries and maintain copy room supply levels, i.e. paper and toner.
- A member of the office fire/evacuation team.
- Assist with organizing moves and renovation projects.
- Run errands as needed.
- Assist and back up Technical Manager. Also assist and back up other team members with their areas of responsibility including but not limited to: checking stock in kitchens and copier rooms, restocking and ordering as required, preparing couriers.
- Assist with additional projects as required.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 1 + years’ experience providing exceptional customer service.
- Knowledge of office equipment, AV equipment and experience providing technical support preferred. Training will be provided.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Punctual, energetic and reliable team player.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and work independently when required.
- Able to stay on track and be flexible when required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with employees and visitors.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- A self-starter who can anticipate needs and prepare accordingly.
- Professional and discreet.
- Able to transport moderately heavy (up to 25kg) items with a dolly.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world's best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.