at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
Are you a seasoned Copywriter, inspired to create innovative + engaging ideas for leading national brands?
We are actively seeking a curious and collaborative Senior Copywriter to join the Creative team in our Toronto office. In partnership with an Art Director and alongside strategists, producers, and account leads, this role will develop impactful creative and inspire growth for some of the biggest brands in Canada and the US.
When applying for this role, please include a link to your portfolio.
- Take ownership of briefs and demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives.
- Collaboratively develop forward-thinking creative that is strategically sound and in line with current media trends.
- Develop concepts and copy for company logos and websites.
- Draft copy for presentations, new business pitches and agency communications.
- Build trust and respect with assigned clients and interpret their business needs.
- Advise and guide clients toward fresh and innovative ideas.
- Prepare rough drafts of material based on agreed brief.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media.
- Meet deadlines and stay within budget constraints.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in a similar role required.
- Experience in a high-volume advertising agency preferred.
- An inherent understanding of the role copy writing plays in helping clients achieve their aims.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, seamlessly switching from one to another.
- Ability to create persuasive arguments to support recommendations to both internal and external stakeholders.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.