at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
J.Walter Thompson is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Payroll Administrator to handle the payroll and benefits for three offices across Canada. This position is based in the Toronto office.
This is an 8 month contract position.
- Administer full-cycle semi-monthly payroll on a timely basis, including new hires/transfers/ terminations/adjustments and ROE’s, through ADP Pay@Work system for a mid-size organization.
- Respond to internal payroll inquiries from employees in a timely manner.
- Liaise with ADP on payroll related issues, special requests and payroll submission scheduling.
- Validate mandatory, statutory and voluntary deductions.
- Administer & manage benefit plans including advising & assisting employees with inquiries & issues.
- Maintain/set up of RRSP contributions and process web semi-monthly payments via Sun Life portal.
- Process other taxable benefits adjustment to be included for year-end T4 reporting.
- Monitor and validate various social tax premium rates, i.e. EI Premium Reduction rate, WCB’s rates.
- Ensure compliance with provincial & federal regulations for payroll taxes and other pay & benefit issues. Assist with Payroll Audits from various government levels.
- Provide ADP/TotalAccess self-service training to all employees.
- Maintain GoodLife Corporate Gym Membership Program including enrolling/removing employees.
- Prepare payroll and payroll related journal entries.
- Review monthly benefit premium statements to ensure all changes have been updated correctly and send requests to Finance to process payments.
- Assist WPP SOX Audit for Payroll (provide supporting documents, reconciliations).
- Provide training to employees on timesheet submission.
- Assist Finance Directors and HR Director with special projects as required.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- Two plus (2+) years’ experience in payroll; experience with ADP an asset.
- Good knowledge of payroll practices in Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Strong PC skills, proficient in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation preferred.
All resumes will be reviewed. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J.Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.