at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
Are you an integrated strategist that is as experienced developing go-to-market channel plans as you are in traditional brand planning activities? Can you work effortlessly across both digital and non-digital channels and marketing ecosystems? Do you love working amidst the challenges of dynamic categories that are always changing? Then Wunderman Thompson wants you to join our thriving strategy team!
We are actively seeking a curious and collaborative Integrated Strategist to join our team working primarily on a Canadian licensed producer (LP) of cannabis. Working in direct partnership with a variety of clients and alongside a cross-functional team of other strategists, creative + design experts and account management, you will help build brands and activate a variety of marketing assets and materials to reach and connect with Canadian consumers.
- Drive strategy of specific projects from problem definition, insight discovery, brief writing, client presentations across both brand and go-to-market projects.
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues and external vendors through creative development and execution.
- Absorb and synthesize research and other information into compelling brand and human insights.
- Continually and efficiently monitor relevant cultural and category trends.
- Evaluate and provide points of view on platforms and content for client consideration.
- Build trust and respect with clients and interpret their business needs.
- Advise and guide clients toward fresh and innovative ideas.
- Develop consumer journeys and identify consumer touch-points & their role within a go-to-market plan.
QUALIFICATIONS + KEY ATTRIBUTES
- 3+ years of experience working in an agency/marketing environment in an integrated strategy role required.
- Previous cannabis (or alcohol) marketing experience an asset.
- Demonstrated integrated strategy experience across both traditional brand planning and omni-channel go-to-marketing strategies, particularly digital (web, app, social, content).
- Proven experience utilizing social media tools and technologies (listening, moderation, analyzing, reporting).
- Proficient in using PowerPoint or Keynote to write compelling internal briefs and client facing strategy documents.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects + competing priorities simultaneously and effectively.
- Ability to work within the complex, highly regulated and competitive cannabis category.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and responsibility.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.