at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
We are actively seeking an accomplished and collaborative Digital Strategist to partner with our teams and envision the future of the digital experience for some of Canada’s most iconic brands. As the digital strategy lead, you’ll demonstrate an intimate understanding of how consumers interact with digital experiences and have a strong understanding of how technology can enable them. Based in the Toronto office, you will lead the team from strategy through execution and optimization and partner closely with clients as they navigate developing innovative and effective ecosystems.
- Build and leverage deep understanding of the clients’ objectives and consumer needs to develop clear strategy with a focus on the digital experience.
- Lead digital strategy based on how consumers are interacting with their devices and other technology to derive unique insights to reveal how the brand can better connect with its consumers.
- Serve as a key client partner, providing strategic guidance, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of their business, and owning the digital vision than enables execution of strategy.
- Assist in developing and maintaining technology solutions and processes that will provide the requisite capabilities to enable a modern execution of the desired consumer experience.
- Use insights, research, and past results to create a captivating vision for what can be accomplished, measured and optimized.
- Provide strategic guidance to agency and client leadership teams within the digital ecosystem.
- Work in collaboration across the agency and client teams to identify opportunities for improved consumer experience.
- Ensure the marketing capabilities are adopted and optimized against the target consumer journey.
- Own and develop a roadmap for the overall portfolio of digital capabilities demonstrating maximum impact achievable.
- Work closely with account teams to present strategies, ideas, digital POV’s to senior clients.
- Actively prioritize and manage the digital portfolio of projects. Understand the impact of each project, available resources, budget and external drivers to appropriately prioritize and resource projects.
- Drive implementation of standard processes and tools to estimate, prioritize and track projects within the portfolio. This includes but is not limited to documenting key risks and mitigation planning in addition to owning the portfolio communications.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 5+ years of experience in digital strategy required; experience working in this discipline within an advertising agency a definite asset.
- Experience with MarTech e.g. GA360, Omniture required.
- Proven experience seamlessly working with user experience and tech teams.
- Successful track record of helping to build and present strategic digital concepts/programs, recommendations and tactics and effectively executing programs.
- A hands-on, “roll up your sleeves,” action-oriented approach.
- At ease leading and working with a strong, multidisciplinary team.
- Proved ability to think independently, creatively and strategically.
- Demonstrated success engaging employees and management in ways that build trust and enthusiasm.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience or interest in the automotive industry an asset.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.