Creative Interns ( 1 Art Director & 1 Copywriter) - Fall 2018
at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
We’re looking for two confident, capable, and passionate Creative interns (1 Copywriter & 1 Art Director) to join our team for the Fall session that runs from Sept 4, 2018 to December 14, 2018.
You will be working alongside Art, Copy and Account Management to provide creative, strategically sound solutions for client, in-house and new business needs.
*Please include a link to your portfolio with your application.
• Develop creative strategies that are forward-thinking and in line with current media trends
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and devise strategies to achieve them
• Understand the role that copy plays in helping clients with their aims
Art Director Intern
• Work collaboratively to interpret the client's business needs and develop visual concepts using a wide range of media, including photography and design programs
• Contribute to interactive design and banner production
• Develop concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos & websites
Qualifications and Key Attributes
• Currently enrolled in post-secondary education with a minimum of 2 years completed or recent graduate (within the last 12 months).
• Innately curious.
• Passion for learning.
• Respectful and supportive team player.
All resumes will be reviewed. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law