Art Director & Copywriter Team
at J. Walter Thompson Toronto
When applying for this role, please include a link to your portfolio(s).
When applying as a team, please enter the AD’s name in “First Name” and the CW’s name in “Last Name”.
- Take ownership of briefs and demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives.
- Collaboratively develop forward-thinking creative that is strategically sound and in line with current media trends.
- Develop concepts, copy, graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos and websites.
- Design presentations and materials for new business pitches and agency communications.
- Build trust and respect with assigned clients and interpret their business needs.
- Advise and guide clients toward fresh and innovative ideas.
- Prepare rough drafts of material based on agreed brief.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media and design programs.
- Meet deadlines and stay within budget constraints.
Qualifications and Key Attributes
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in an art director or copywriter role required.
- Experience in a high-volume advertising agency preferred.
- An inherent understanding of the role creative plays in helping clients achieve their aims.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, seamlessly switching from one to another.
- Ability to create persuasive arguments to support recommendations, to both internal and external stakeholders.
All resumes will be reviewed.
Those selected for interviews will be contacted.
J. Walter Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) is the world's best-known marketing communications brand and has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first to rocket a candy bar into space, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, the first to create an amphibious prosthetic limb, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.