at J. Walter Thompson Atlanta
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
J. Walter Thompson Atlanta is seeking a Writer/Content Strategist.
•3-5 years’ experience in advertising, marketing or journalism
•Content marketing/SEO familiarity
•Research, including outside the box thinking on how to locate and verify information
•Development of “big idea” stories, features and narratives
•Ability to internalize and implement a strong brand voice
•Understanding of social media platforms and how to appropriately write for them
•Strong grasp of grammar
- Lead daily “newsroom style” stand ups for the team and client
- Develop long- and short-form content that will live across a variety of channels, such as Web, mobile and social media
- Identify and research proof sources and other long-term content opportunities for the client
- Create and manage a library of proof sources
- Conduct telephone interviews with subjects
- Help to lead content strategy through the development of a high-level editorial calendar informing site updates, organic search strategy and strategic direction for the development of long-form content pieces
- Coordinate and concept with creative teammates to provide strategic direction that impacts storytelling
- Review and provide strategic feedback on monthly content
- Coordinate with comms and social strategists to identify and implement learnings from research, analytics, etc.
- Stay current with news and trending topics
Please be prepared to show clips.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.