at Wunderman Thompson Atlanta
Strategy at Wunderman Thompson Atlanta is a leadership role. One that is responsible working closely with clients to listen for real, substantial business problems, define them and partner to build tangible roadmaps to solve them – from stem to stern. The Senior Strategist will be someone who has a proven track record of building modern brands, meaning brands that are not just traditional campaigns but also experiences that just as often leverage digital, retail or physical spaces as mass media. The core of this role is the ability to take strategic ownership on a small set of accounts and to bring to life the voice of a user and consumer powerfully enough to inspire breakthrough experiences for ambitious brand moments.
If you are a strategic leader who is passionate about building revolutionary, modern brand experiences for client partners by taking ownership through dedicated account teams – WT Atlanta is the place for you. Your key tasks and responsibilities shall include the following:
· Own the strategic roadmap, brand vision and voice of the consumer/user for a small number of accounts
· Orchestrate brand planning, strategic planning and analytical activity in concert with creative, account management and technology teams to lead disruptive ideas
· Partner with senior level clients to develop creative briefs, brand strategies and strategic vision for accounts
· Develop and implement useful primary qualitative and quantitative research plans to uncover relevant insights to address client business issues.
· Collaborate with internal departments, partner agencies & WT network of specialty products to deliver best in class solutions for the client
· Create a business team culture that Inspires and motivates your cross-function team to perform at the highest level
· Translate complex business challenges and needs into concise, clarifying and compelling plans to inspire growth for clients through technology, CX innovations and brand platforms
· Prepare and present insights, proposals, strategy, concepts, POVs, creative and other client communication in presentations or written form
· Maintain an extensive base of industry, retailer, brand, category and competitive knowledge; key emphasis will be on building relationships directly with client partners
· Evaluate program performance and provide recommendations on program results
· Ensure all conceptual and creative ideas meet objectives and key brand strategies
· Provide internal feedback on all materials/work developed for the client
· Provide proactive thought leadership to client and internal staff on a regular basis
What You’ll Need:
· Zealous passion for rolling up your sleeves to bring ideas to life with cross-functional teams
· Multi-channel and multi-platform expertise in Brand Planning, Digital, Social, Commerce & Product Development
· An understanding of how technology solutions are implemented today. Experience in working in Agile teams or environments is a plus
· Passion for taking ownership of your accounts and willingness to immerse yourself in the problems of your clients
· Be driven to translate challenges into place of clarity and make recommended solutions tangible and feasible
· Strong interpersonal/communication skills; you will be face-to-face with various departments at their busiest moments
· Strong familiarity and comfort with digital strategy/media analytics and aligning strategies with business needs across all channels
· Deep appreciation for brand experiences, the process to make those experiences come to life and the technology platforms needed to build those experiences
· Comfort in presenting to everyone from large leadership groups to a one on one walkthrough
· A belief that what we do and make matters – to our team, our clients and to people who experience our brand. And an equal belief that how we do it is as important as what we do.
· 5+ years experience in brand planning, brand strategy or product management in the marketing space
· Broad set of strategy skills and experiences across, digital, brand, content, UX/UI, marketing and business consulting (with deeper skills in two or more of these areas)
· Strong understanding of marketing technology, campaign development, research design, digital experiences and data & analytics
· Proven track record of account growth, implementation of new technologies and innovations
· Stellar communicating, present and writing skills
· An awareness of agile methodologies (in software or marketing)
· Experience managing team members – directly or indirectly
· Experience designing and leading workshops with senior to C-suite level clients leveraging strategic design-thinking framework
· Experience leveraging qualitative and quantitative research frameworks and techniques to gain informed insights to drive creative vision and concepts
· Willingness and ability to travel to visit clients
About Wunderman Thompson
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. We are in a unique position to deliver growth based on three fundamental principles -- we see the world differently and reject conventional thinking, we have an unbounded definition of creativity that can rethink business, culture and brand experiences, we act decisively and accountably, owning delivery end-to-end. Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. Wunderman Thompson is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, please visit www.wundermanthompson.com and follow us @WundermanThompson.
Wunderman Thompson Atlanta is a leading office in the larger Wunderman Thompson network that own brand responsibilities for diverse roster of clients – some of them the longest standing in the industry. We pride ourselves on being a strategic partner for our clients and helping them transform their brands and business.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.