Freelance Content Strategist
at J. Walter Thompson Atlanta
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world's best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first to rocket a candy bar into space, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, the first to create an amphibious prosthetic limb, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we re-imagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.
J. Walter Thompson Atlanta is seeking a Content Strategist. As more and more consumers look to brands to provide content, Content Strategists define what should be created and when – based on business objectives, value to the consumer, cultural relevance, and competitive assessments – and determine where and in what form this content should live and how it will find an audience. They develop content-driven ideas across a range of media including web, social, mobile, live events, games, branded entertainment, and media integrations.
- Develop long- and short-form content that will live across a variety of channels, such as Web, mobile and social media
- Identify and research proof sources and other long-term content opportunities for the client
- Create and manage a library of proof sources
- Help to lead content strategy through the development of a high-level editorial calendar informing site updates, organic search strategy and strategic direction for the development of long-form content pieces
- Coordinate and concept with creative teammates to provide strategic direction that impacts storytelling
- Review and provide strategic feedback on monthly content
- Coordinate with comms and social strategists to identify and implement learnings from research, analytics, etc.
- Stay current with news and trending topics
- Produce content plans, editorial calendars, and workflows
- Create content and follow tone and style guidelines
- Write, rewrite, edit, proofread and double-check information
- Work with art and account staff to create and refine digital products
- Manage the proofing process and help meet deadlines
- Maintain high quality control standards to ensure that the online editorial content is accurate, reader-friendly and in line with client directives
- Enter and edit data in content management systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.