at J. Walter Thompson Atlanta
J. Walter Thompson (JWT) the world's best-known marketing communications brand has been reimagining the future for businesses for over 154 years. Headquartered in New York City, JWT is a true global network with more than 200 offices in over 90 countries, employing nearly 10,000 innovators and change agents. Known for our award-winning work and leading initiatives, JWT was the very first agency to air a TV commercial, the first to establish a global advertising presence, the first to rocket a candy bar into space, the first in the industry to hire a female copywriter, the first to create an amphibious prosthetic limb, and the very first to teach a computer to paint like Rembrandt. While we reimagine the future for our clients, we will continue to break new ground and revolutionize the power of our legacy through the campaigns that we create.
General Ledger Functions
- Prepare journal entries to the P&L for month end close
- Review general ledger to assure invoices post timely and accurately
- Compare actuals vs budget at month end close
- Provide variance commentary when necessary
- Assist with preparing schedules for monthly/quarterly reporting
- Assist with SOX monthly/quarterly submissions
- Expense report processing
- Assist with Balance Sheet reconciliations each month
- Oversee media balance sheet accounts to assure movement & reconciliations are handled timely.
- Ad hock projects as necessary
Media / Account Payable Functions
- Prepare and process checks for payment
- Receive, verify, match and process invoices to be paid
- Review check requests and invoices for proper general ledger account coding and pay in accordance with payment terms
- Set up new vendors, contractors and other service providers for payment
- Execute WPP due diligence requirements as established in the SOX compliance new vendor guidance
- Manage vendor relations
- Maintain vendor files and other financial records
- Quarterly review of media vendor statements
- Maintain a list of recurring/standard monthly payments
- Resolve any invoices discrepancies between internal departments and external vendors
- Process weekly check runs/ payment via check, wire, or credit card
- Review recommended payables with accounting manager
- Ensure payments made in a timely fashion within payment terms
- Credit card reconciliation/ expense reporting management
- Collection of receipts and confirmation of proper approvals
- Ensure proper general ledger account coding
- Assist in close projects and month end process
- Reconcile all overpayment and underpayment accounts
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communications and coordination with team members in Accounting Department as well as other departments.
- Match checks with remittance after checks are printed and before mail out.
- Review all expense reports and work with reporting manager to ensure prompt payment to staff is achieve.
- Prepare and review all general credit card backups and send backups to reporting manager to include in monthly bank reconciliation.
- Reconcile any expenses through ricochet by contacting staff with missing documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.