at J. Walter Thompson Atlanta
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
JWT Atlanta is seeking a freelancedigital developer to join our integrated production team.
- Responsible for executing clean and progressively enhanced code for complex designs that reflect the creative and artistic direction provided within the established technical framework.
- Able to approach development with modularity in mind to accommodate shifting priorities and the challenges associated with rapid prototyping and Agile methodologies.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly produce interim deliverables (such as style guide components, prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.) in addition to the final live site or application.
- Review/analyze information architecture and wireframes- work with team members to resolve gaps, and assist with the architectural implementation of creative/UX direction.
- Willing to take the initiative to research and learn emerging technologies that may improve the quality, success, and performance of deliverables.
- Works well as a team member with other disciplines (creative, production, account, etc.) on large accounts- understanding how a team operates and what is expected of the various roles on the project.
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- At least 3+ years experience withback-end frameworks used to develop dynamic web pages (Adobe Experience Manager, GitHub, AWS Node.js, etc.) and version control systems.
- Experience developing on top of CMS platforms such as Adobe Experince Manager,Wordpress, etc.
- Experience developing touch screen, internet-enabled devices (iPhone/iPad, Android, kiosks, etc.), with knowledge of their abilities and constraints.
- Expert in developing and testing across multiple devices/platforms and browsers (traditional desktop and mobile devices), using MVC/AJAX/CSS preprocessing concepts and tools such as Fiddler, Firebug, YSlow, Google PageSpeed, etc.
- Expert in presentation layer concepts such as progressive enhancement, responsive design, Mobile First, MVC, object-oriented development.
- Experience developing accessible websites (ARIA, Section 508, W3C WAI Guidelines, etc.)
- Experience in HTML banner and rich media creation.
- Experience implementing Analytics Solutions (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Tag Manager) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Experience implementing social API’s like Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Experience managing assignments effectively, multi-tasking, and working within tight deadlines.
- Experience collaborating effectively at all levels and functions.
- Strong client-service orientation and experience working in a fast-paced agency setting.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.