Associate Media Director, eCommerce
at Wunderman Thompson Commerce Seattle
Who we are:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is a global eCommerce consultancy that brings strategic clarity, technical know-how and creative inspiration to help retailers and brands define and deliver winning commerce strategies. Wunderman Thompson Commerce brings together WPP’s leading commerce agencies, Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce & Marketplace Ignition under the Wunderman Thompson brand. We help retailers and brands succeed in the digital retail environment of today and we help them prepare for the retail world of tomorrow. We specialize in services on marketplaces (e.g., Amazon), retailer.com (e.g., Walmart, Home Depot) and in Direct-to-customer technology (both B2C and B2B).
Who we are looking for:
eCommerce is redefining the retail landscape for our clients, major national and global brands. Amazon is at the leading edge of this change, but they are not alone. The changes are occurring rapidly but have far reaching consequences. Increasingly, our clients are asking us to guide them through the changes that eCommerce and Amazon are causing.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is seeking an Associate Media Director, eCommerce to help serve our clients in our rapidly growing Commerce practice. In this role, you will be the trusted advisor to our clients, helping them set the path for success on Amazon, Walmart, and other eCommerce channels and lead teams to get them there. We are looking for someone with experience in eCommerce media but also someone who not only embraces change, but makes it happen.
As the Associate Media Director, eCommerce, you will have experience building a business and expanding client relationships in a consultative manner to build our business by helping our clients build theirs. To find success in this role, you will be a leader with a compelling mixture of capabilities that can solve problems, lead clients, and identify new opportunities while building teams.
What You'll Do:
- Own display media on Amazon from the ground up with both a strategic lens and ability to dive into the details in an agile environment
- Set short-term and long-term strategy for display in partnership with the client
- Serve as the key decision maker for Amazon display media, including all programmatic with Amazon DSP, on-site placements, and high-impact platforms
- Understand business goals and be able to clearly develop, articulate, and build a means of reaching them through assigned roles and responsibilities
- Take an active, ongoing role in building and managing the growing eCommerce team
- Understand how display media on Amazon works together with other Amazon media, media outside of Amazon, and offline
- Actively engage with a variety of tools and leverage these to guide decision making
- Create media strategies, media plans, conduct optimizations, and testing for all aspects of the purchase funnel and broader media plans
- Deliver reporting and analysis on key metrics that move the business forward
- Partner with creative team to come up with a focused creative strategy and testing plan
- Create POVs as new eCommerce developments occur
- Seek white space and find new opportunities to drive results from an eCommerce lens
- Support new business opportunities with a vision on selling eCommerce media capabilities
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of display media experience
- Amazon Advertising experience specifically with display media, working with Amazon in a managed or self-service capacity
- Performance marketing on either brand or retailer focused on eCommerce or shopper marketing
- Ability to form and present thoughtful recommendations and defend them to skeptical audiences
- Proven track records of delivering great media performance for clients
- Passion about eCommerce and the change it's driving across retail for brands
- Highly collaborative approach to working with teams including teams that involve working with large, global brands
- Comfort working with creative, account, media, and analytics teams
- Ability to think big and deliver on those ideas
About Wunderman Thompson:
Established in 2019, Wunderman Thompson has a combined history of 150 years, setting the standard for marketing, communications and business innovation. We bring together over 20,000 creatives, analysts, strategists, customer experience designers and business consultants across 90 markets.
We’re always looking for the best talent to add to our diverse and talented mix that is Wunderman Thompson.