bei Wunderman Thompson New York
We are looking for a strategically mindedAccount Directorfor our renown global CPG client.It's a fantastic opportunity for an entrepreneurially wired Account Director to lead a portfolio of iconic brands, leading fully integrated work, across multiple disciplines and agencies.
As an Account Director you will be responsible for steering the strategies on your client’s business while ensuring the agency is fully prepared to meet all of the client’s marketing and communication needs. The Account Director leads the team toward the overall account vision, creates new solutions for driving the business forward, motivates team members to greater contributions, and has impact with client directors and influence with client officers.
A Day in the Life:
- Orchestrate all long and short-term objectives and strategies in concert with the creative and planning teams to drive client innovation and new product development
- Act as the primary internal and external contact for all activities of the account
- Truly collaborate across the agency network to drive integrated thinking and communication solutions that are aligned with business goals
- Review and evaluate in-market communication initiatives to determine overall effectiveness and foster consistency over time
- Unite and lead cross-functional teams in the most efficient, optimal process for effective use of resources, negotiations and all day-to-day projects
- Develop and manage annual workplans, forecasts, fees and reconciliation with Project Management and Finance
- Identify and communicate growth and expansion opportunities to the client
- Mentor, motivate and reward account associates, managers and supervisors during challenges, learning opportunities and successes by sharing knowledge, plans and budgets
- Create and support staff-development, training and onboarding
What You’ll Need:
- Let’s start with a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and 9+ years of experience in an agency or related environment with integrated expertise across TV, print, digital, social
- Courage to dig deep into the business and question everything to understand where the pain points are and link our work directly back to the business as much as possible
- An action-oriented entrepreneurial spirit and a laser focus on the outcome, not just on the process
- Inclination to think outside of the box to imagine new ideas and encourage progressive dialogue
- An eagerness to think differently about problems and rolling up your sleeves to help figure them out
- A thirst for pioneering new ways of forging and developing client business relationships
- Ability to recognize a great idea and empower the creative teams to push the boundaries on the work we make, while providing the business context needed for the work to be successful
- A resiliently positive attitude. This is critical to foster a highly collaborative environment
- Passion and genuine enthusiasm for advertising, media, technology and your career growth
- The ability to confidently present your own and other’s work persuasively
About Wunderman Thompson
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency.We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. We are in a unique position to deliver growth based on three fundamental principles -- we see the world differently and reject conventional thinking,we have an unbounded definition of creativity that can rethink business, culture and brand experiences, we act decisively and accountably, owning delivery end-to-end.Headquartered in New York, we have a truly global reach with over 20,000 people in 90 markets. Wunderman Thompson is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, please visitwww.wundermanthompson.comand follow us @WundermanThompson.
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability.