Senior DevOps Engineer
The Sr. DevOps Engineer is part of a highly collaborative technology team and will act as a partner to the developers. who are building the applications or websites, and will be responsible for creating the solution these applications are hosted on. The DevOps engineer will deliver solutions to both the development team and the client by using the latest technologies and approaches that match the needs of the client to the solution. DevOps engineers will provide CI/CD automation solutions on multiple cloud platforms, and participate in functions including design, architecture, security, configuration, tuning, release management, and continuous improvement of systems. We want engineers who are energetic and excited about automating everything.
The Sr. DevOps Engineer will be expected to:
- Architect solutions on multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, MS Azure, Acquia, and WPEngine.
- Work with development teams to create the modern solutions that provide scale, efficiency, and security for software delivery.
- Work with client IT organizations to provide consulting and solutions that meet their infrastructure needs on both public and private cloud platforms.
- Perform R&D and technical strategy on leading edge application hosting solutions to provide recommendations for development teams.
- Architect Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Delivery (CD) build processes for automated software delivery.
- Provide Infrastructure Code (InfraCode) and orchestration when needed.
- Work with development teams to create containerized local development environments.
- 5+ years of experience in Linux Systems Administration, Engineering & Scripting
- Demonstrated computing experience supporting Linux systems in a virtualized environment
- Experience with complex web application environments, including CMS platforms such as Drupal
- Exposure to DevOps practices, including automation, configuration management, and release management
- Ability to script in Go, Pearl, Ruby, Python, PHP or other modern scripting languages
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Workable knowledge of Configuration Management Products (e.g. Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation)
- Strong problem-solving skills with an investigative mentality, decision making ability and a capacity for strategic and associative thinking
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Understanding of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery in the software engineering process and can clearly articulate how a DevOps / Systems Engineer facilitates these practices in collaboration with the Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Operations teams to drive business goals
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law