Senior UX Designer
Mirum, a JWT company, is seeking a creative problem solver and digital enthusiast to lead and inspire agency solutions for innovative, multi-channel, digital experiences. A key role within the Experience Design department, the Senior UX Designer collaborates internally with team members from account, planning, research, product development and visual design to concept award-winning experiences. This position requires someone who is passionate about user-centered design philosophy and can successfully balance client brand objectives while advocating for user needs and goals.
- You like to solve problems with the mind of an analyst and the passion of a painter.
It’s beyond pixels, boxes, visual design, interaction or even usability. It’s about strong critical thinking skills and the ability to see the big picture across client, brand and user insights to develop inspired digital experiences.
- You’ve done the research and REALLY know the client, their brand and their customers.
You believe experience design is not just a step in the process…it is integrated in everything we do and the essence of the brand itself. You validate through research, think creatively, empathize with clients, customize activities and respond to ongoing feedback to continually evolve client products and services.
- You like to talk…and listen.
You are the spokesperson for creative ideas and approaches; able to find an optimized balance between brand objectives and user needs. You sell clients on yourself, your team and your commitment to the brand. Our client is the hero, the brand is well positioned and the experience buzzworthy.
- You do great work. You make others do really great work.
You lead cross-discipline team members including brand, analytics, interaction design, information architecture, content strategy and visual design to deliver exceptional concepts.
- You have a thirst for learning.
You constantly search out new ways to broaden your skill set and help mentor and develop new talent on the team by sharing your research and learning with them.
- Collaborate with Executive Experience Director, Creative Director, Sales and Account Directors to define and/or roadmap deliverables for experience projects.
- Create, coordinate, lead, inspire and/or oversee all experience deliverables including: client/internal briefs, research, competitive audits, experience roadmaps, interaction design and visual designs for concept delivery.
- Collaborate with internal teams and clients to ensure integrity of envisioned experiences pre-launch as well as iteration post-launch.
- Passionately sell (and defend) experience design decisions to clients via strategic and relevant deliverables and impactful presentations while being open to feedback and ideation.
- Partner with other agency disciplines and leads to ensure a holistic approach to experience outcomes across multiple, digital touch points.
- Champion current methodologies and thought leadership for user-centered design in defining outcomes.
- Support and balance team recommendations with research, analytics, usability testing, customer insights and other quantitative/qualitative insights as appropriate to advance ideas.
- Be a leader, example and inspiration for the Experience Design department and Mirum to inspire and commit teams to long-term client success.
- Win awards, clients and media interest as a result of your ideas, leadership and brilliant executions.
- Mentor and support junior experience team members by reviewing/supporting work, coordinating workloads and working closely with traffic department for resource allocation and planning.
- Participation in UX/Design interviews and hiring recommendations.
- Constantly learn about new technologies, approaches and methodologies and share that knowledge with other team members.
- 6+ years’ experience defining and creating experiences across applications, mobile, website, social and interactive display channels.
- Expert knowledge of OmniGraffle, InDesign, Photoshop or similar graphic packages for communicating experience deliverables.
- UX design, consulting experience and a demonstrable portfolio across a variety of large B2B and/or B2C clients. Experience as one or multiple of the following preferred: Information Architect, Interaction Designer or Visual Designer.
- Strong client presentation and visual communication style, excellent verbal and written skills mandatory.
- Strong understanding, passion and thought leadership for digital technologies, trends and design with an understanding of how they can benefit brands.
- Strong client management skills with the ability to balance scope, brand objectives and user goals.
- Occasional travel as needed for client presentations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.