Reporting to the Business Director, the Account Manager is a strategic partner, team leader and motivating force passionate about using digital media and technology to help solve complex business problems that drive business transformation and build brands for amazing clients.
As a member of the Mirum Client Services practice they are responsible for client satisfaction and contributing in the growth and profitability of a multi-million dollar book of business for a single client or a multiple set of client relationships.
They have a minimum of 3-5 years-experience in an interactive agency, and/or marketing/advertising/consulting environment, experience in one or more business verticals, managing high-profile client accounts, working with cross-disciplinary teams and demonstrated success in driving highly strategic and creative work.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Being a partner and confidant for clients, as well as internal cross-disciplinary teams and agency partners for new initiatives and ensuring the quality of the relationship and work product.
- Retaining and nurturing existing client relationships and developing new, long-term relationships at the peer level.
- Staying abreast of digital trends and how they might support and/or drive clients’ business and marketing initiatives.
- Being a point of escalation for the client and the agency project team.
- Promoting and ensuring communication and collaboration among internal client teams and external agency partners.
- Participate in the overall project engagement strategy and partner with the Program Management team to:
- Outline requirements, deliverables, schedules, staffing and budget.
- Manage the workflow process by prioritizing projects and resources and by working across accounts to ensure proper alignment of resources.
- Provide support in analyzing key issues and risks in the program, assessing business impact and helping to provide a solution.
- Consistently ensuring all deliverables are client-ready by paying attention to detail and incorporating any relevant insights from the client, business and industry.
- Supporting the Senior Account and Project Management teams in analyzing key issues and risks in the program, assessing business impact and helping to provide solutions.
- Owning the financials for assigned accounts including forecasts and account budgets.
- Providing status updates on assigned projects/accounts - regularly monitoring overall account health, project status, opportunities, risks, etc.
- Contract negotiation including renew, upsell and key contact for any new work discussions.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an interactive agency, and/or marketing/advertising/consulting environment.
- Demonstrated track record of developing peer-level client relationships within small and large companies.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of digital marketing and/or advertising (paid media, brand strategy, analytics, PR/social) and the strategy and development of one or more of the following: websites, online media, mobile apps, social media, video and CRM programs.
- Experience in one or more of the following industries preferred: auto, consumer, healthcare, corporate real estate, tech, eCommerce, tourism.
- Natural leadership skills with ability to foster strong, cohesive working interdisciplinary teams (tech, creative, media, strategy, project management).
- Superb communication and presentation skills as well as a proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful documents and presentations.
- Ability to manage up and clear understanding of when and how to escalate issues to AD or Business Director.
- Flexibility to step outside your comfort zone, and willingness to go above and beyond to support your team.
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and build new relationships
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law