We are looking for a highly collaborative, dynamic Account Director with proven strategic and creative chops to join our Mirum team in San Diego. The Account Director must have prior success leading and managing high profile businesses across disciplinary teams and thrive on being a focused team player.
Reporting to the VP, Business Director, the Account Director is a strategic partner, team leader, mentor and motivating force passionate about digital/interactive and technology to help solve complex business problems that drive brand building, business transformation.
As a member of the Mirum Client Services practice they are responsible for client satisfaction and contributing in the growth and profitability of a multi-million dollar book of business for a single client or a multiple set of client relationships. The Account Director is responsible for client satisfaction, quality of service and is expected to provide thought leadership and collaboration with discipline leads to contribute to developing industry-leading work. Must bring an experienced POV on business strategy, and solid understanding of current digital media best practices and marketing programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Being a partner and confidant for clients, as well as internal cross-disciplinary teams and agency partners for new initiatives and ensuring the quality of the relationship and work product.
- Retain and nurture existing client relationships and develop new, long-term relationships at the peer level.
- Stay abreast of the clients’ business/brand, competitive environment, industry trends and overall marketing plans/goals to leverage how they might support and/or drive clients’ business and marketing initiatives.
- Be the point of escalation for the client and the project team.
- Promoting and ensuring communication and collaboration among internal client teams and external agency partners.
- Participate in the strategy and creative development and reviews to ensure that concepts and execution are on strategy and meet objectives.
- Lead regular client presentations and strategic discussions.
- Partner with the strategic planning and analytics teams to inform creative, strategic and project briefs.
- Participate in the overall project engagement strategy and partner with the Program Management team to:
- Outline project requirements, deliverables, schedules, staffing and budget.
- Manage the workflow process by prioritizing projects and resources and by working across accounts to ensure proper alignment of resources.
- Provide support in analyzing key issues and risks in the program, assessing business impact and helping to provide a solution.
- Consistently ensure all deliverables are client-ready by paying attention to detail and incorporating any relevant insights from the client, business and industry.
- Provide status updates on assigned accounts - regularly monitoring overall account health, project status, opportunities, risks, etc.
- Negotiate contract including renew, upsell and be key contact for any new work discussion.
- Owning the financials for assigned accounts including forecasts and account budgets.
- Providing status updates on assigned projects/accounts - regularly monitoring overall account health, project status, opportunities, risks, etc.
- Contract negotiation including renew, upsell and key contact for any new work discussions.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of 7 years of experience in an interactive agency, and/or marketing/advertising/consulting environment.
- Demonstrated track record of developing senior level client relationships and managing small and large accounts.
- Experience working on global accounts a plus.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of the mechanics of digital marketing and advertising (paid media, brand strategy, analytics, PR/social) and the strategy and development of websites, online media, mobile apps, social media, video and CRM programs.
- Multi-category experience desired, including auto, consumer, healthcare, corporate real estate, tech, eCommerce, tourism.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to foster strong, cohesive working interdisciplinary teams (tech, creative, media, strategy, analytics)
- Superb communication and presentation skills as well as a proven ability to develop well-positioned and thoughtful documents and presentations.
- Ability to use alternative analytical approaches to solve digital/interactive marketing problems.
- Flexibility to step outside your comfort zone, and willingness to go above and beyond to support your team.
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn and build new relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law